Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Versaille Tour?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Best Versaille Tour?

Will be overnight in Versailles in mid-Sept. What is the best tour/tour company with whom to deal to procure a day tour with minimal hassles? Have been told that one could buy any tour package in Paris before heading to Versailles and feel reasonably comfortable. Any online sites to visit? Appreciate any suggestions.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
What do you want to see in Versailles? The Château? The immediate gardens right by the Palace? All of the grounds of the Palace, including up to the far end of the boating lake? The Trianon? The Potager du Roi?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gagravarr
What do you want to see in Versailles? The Château? The immediate gardens right by the Palace? All of the grounds of the Palace, including up to the far end of the boating lake? The Trianon? The Potager du Roi?
Hi. We want to do as much as we can do during a 8 hour visit to the Chateau/ Gardens/etc. I suppose this reply isn't too helpful but our party wants to get in as much as possible.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
OK, next up - do you want a private tour for just your party, or to join a small tour with a handful of others, or join one of the big cheap(er) ones with 20+ people in it?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 5:10 pm
Original Poster

OK, next up - do you want a private tour for just your party, or to join a small tour with a handful of others, or join one of the big cheap(er) ones with 20+ people in it?
We like your second option. We will be prepared to start off first thing in the morning .... Thanks again.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 7:18 am

Sadly I don't know any tours that fit those requirements, but hopefully someone else will do!

Otherwise, I'd suggest ringing / emailing your hotel in Versailles, and ask them. Now that you've worked out what you want from the typical kinds of options, they can hopefully suggest something
Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Sadly I don't know any tours that fit those requirements, but hopefully someone else will do!

Otherwise, I'd suggest ringing / emailing your hotel in Versailles, and ask them. Now that you've worked out what you want from the typical kinds of options, they can hopefully suggest something
Thanks for your input.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
If I were going to go to Versailles again, I would get the two day ticket because there is soooo much to see and soooo much walking involved. After we did the state apartments and hall of mirrors, we were too tired from all the slow walking and standing around to walk all the way to the end of the gardens. We did the tour in English and the guide was delightful and made it all so interesting. Got the tickets there at the Chateau.

Even if you use your 2 day ticket for part of one day and part of the next, I think you'll see more and enjoy it more.

http://en.chateauversailles.fr/prepa...#billetchateau

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.