Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Advice in the Quartier Latin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: Global Entry
Originally Posted by iapetus
Crickets, eh?

Some friends have decided to stay the Hôtel Atmosphères. It looks like it'll keep me pretty happy. So I guess I'll be there staying (pending travel approval ).

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions for any bars or restaurants in the vicinity, that would be greatly appreciated.
How much is this hotel per night?
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Aeroplan,Skymiles, HiltonHonors, SPG
Originally Posted by iapetus

What more of a recommendation could I possibly require?

I must vow to never again allow six years to pass between trips to France! And one day when I own property in France ... sigh
Someone sent me this one:
http://www.bistrotdusommelier.com

I guess it will depend on the budget of everyone of your party.
Or may be on your next trip to Paris with the Mrs
Old Aug 30, 2014, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Another left bank option might be Alcazar. I was taken there for my birthday by my friend who owns the nearby vintage poster shop, Galerie Documents. Good food and atmosphere and the place is gorgeous. It's a former nightclub and IIRC, was once a tennis court.

http://www.alcazar.fr/fr
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
Hotel Advice in the Quartier Latin

I stayed at hotel atmospheres in June with my niece and really liked it - here is my review http://philatravelgirl.com/paris-hotel-atmospheres/ and I second the Gerard Mulot suggestion we did behind the scenes tour to see macarons bring made fresh
Old Aug 31, 2014, 4:55 pm
Original Member

One of our favorite bistros within easy walking distance of the University is Chez Rene on Blvd. Saint-Germain. Classic French bistro food. Have eaten there a number of times over the years -- have always had a quite enjoyable time.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Djlawman
One of our favorite bistros within easy walking distance of the University is Chez Rene on Blvd. Saint-Germain. Classic French bistro food. Have eaten there a number of times over the years -- have always had a quite enjoyable time.
Chez Rene is a typical classic French resto. One gets traditional french food.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 8:04 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Chez Rene is a typical classic French resto. One gets traditional french food.
Isn't that what I said?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Another left bank option might be Alcazar. I was taken there for my birthday by my friend who owns the nearby vintage poster shop, Galerie Documents. Good food and atmosphere and the place is gorgeous. It's a former nightclub and IIRC, was once a tennis court.

http://www.alcazar.fr/fr
I've been to Alcazar many times over the years. There is one recent change though, it's now an Iron Chef restaurant. I'm not sure what to think about that and I have not tried it out since the change.

However it's not a former nightclub. The upper level has always been a nightclub and still is on weekends and sometimes during the week for private parties. So be warned it's a noisy place. And you should make a reservation, especially on weekends. It has been trendy for over a decade at least. I sat next to Venus Williams there once during the French Open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.