Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Vendome to Eiffel Tower

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Hi ,
We will go to Paris in July . We will stay at PHV .
This is our first time . How do we go to the Tower from the hotel ?
Thank you for your input .
Old May 4, 2014, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Park hyatt Vendome to Eiffel Tower

Either google maps or the RATP website are better places for directions than Flyertalk.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Yeah. You can google that or ask your hotel's concierge.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:35 pm

From your hotel, meander in a southerly direction, give or take. Pretty soon, you will reach a river. Walk along the river. If it is morning, walk away from the sun. If it is afternoon, walk toward the sun. Depending on how fast you walk, after some time, you will notice a very large tower made of metal ahead of you, toward your left. Use this as a landmark. Walk toward it. Once you get to it, look up.
Old May 4, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
From your hotel, meander in a southerly direction, give or take. Pretty soon, you will reach a river. Walk along the river. If it is morning, walk away from the sun. If it is afternoon, walk toward the sun. Depending on how fast you walk, after some time, you will notice a very large tower made of metal ahead of you, toward your left. Use this as a landmark. Walk toward it. Once you get to it, look up.
Excellent
Old May 4, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
Park hyatt Vendome to Eiffel Tower

If you are staying at that hotel for free using your Hyatt card free nights - excellent hotel at which to redeem your free nights - there is a metro station a short walk from the hotel. The concierge can give you directions but it is an easy and short trip. If you are actually paying to stay there the bellman will get you a taxi or the hotel will arrange car service.
Old May 4, 2014, 10:34 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion as the thread moves to the France forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old May 5, 2014, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

It's a short, pleasant walk from Vendome. It's one of the tallest buildings in Paris, so you can't miss it.
Old May 5, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Go to Rue Rivoli and take the bus # 72, it will take you directly there. And you'll have a nice drive as well.

You can buy the bus ticket right on the bus, it is (was) 2 euros, but it will increase as of July, I think.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
If you have a smart phone, I highly recommend the app Paris Metro Subway by Presselite. It has a map of the system and you can plug in your location and destination and it will map out your route for you, as well as the approximate time it takes. Further, you don't need Wifi or data services to use it.
Old May 12, 2014, 7:54 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
I love the PH Paris Vendome and we are returning for our fourth stay. That said, in my experience, the concierges rarely recommend the Metro. I think they assume their guests would not want to travel that way. A few years ago, we took their recommendation and took a taxi to a restaurant a distance away and it took almost an hour in traffic. Took the Metro home and it took under 15 minutes to the Opera station!

You got lots of good advice. I would argue that it's not that short a walk but it certainly is a lovely one - depends on how many other things you're trying to fit in to that day. But it is certainly true that the best part of Paris is walking around it.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
You got some great advice and options.

Paris is a city best served on foot.
Metro is quick; buses provide with nice street views and taxis are plenty, relatively well priced but can take very long.

You can see the Tower from many different places including some of the bridges that cross the River Seine.
I would bring some great walking shoes. When in Paris I routinely walk 10-15 miles per day. I never consider it a waste of time.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by jamesvu
Hi ,
We will go to Paris in July . We will stay at PHV .
This is our first time . How do we go to the Tower from the hotel ?
Thank you for your input .
When will you be there? We are going for the first time (to Paris) too from July 31-Aug 5th.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
It's a short, pleasant walk from Vendome. It's one of the tallest buildings in Paris, so you can't miss it.
"Short" is a matter of personal perspective. You didn't say anything about your age or physical condition. While my wife and I would walk to the Eiffel Tower (and have, from further east on the right bank) you should be aware that it's over 2 mi./3 km.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by keisari
You got some great advice and options.

Paris is a city best served on foot.
Metro is quick; buses provide with nice street views and taxis are plenty, relatively well priced but can take very long.

You can see the Tower from many different places including some of the bridges that cross the River Seine.
I would bring some great walking shoes. When in Paris I routinely walk 10-15 miles per day. I never consider it a waste of time.
Actually, you can see it from the window of every hotel room in Paris! I know this because every movie that takes place in Paris shows it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.