Wiki Posts
Search

Claiming UK, Czech and Swiss VAT at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum
Claiming UK, Czech and Swiss VAT at CDG

My last stop in Europe will be Paris. Is it be possible for me to claim VAT refunds from UK, Czech and Switzerland receipts at CDG? Also, do customs VAT refund booths open 24 hours at CDG on Sat? Thank you
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
As long as all your paperwork is in order, yes in theory. Give yourself lots of time for this.

Looks like you have to go to customs office ("Douane") before check in.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/f...-douane.htm#a2

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Feb 27, 2014 at 11:23 am
Old Mar 1, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
I don't think you can get Swiss VAT back in France as CH is not part of the EU and has no customs union, they are only in Schengen
Old Mar 1, 2014, 10:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by hightide
My last stop in Europe will be Paris. Is it be possible for me to claim VAT refunds from UK, Czech and Switzerland receipts at CDG? Also, do customs VAT refund booths open 24 hours at CDG on Sat? Thank you
For UK and Czech purchases only - provided the retailers provided you with the appropriate paperwork when you bought thge goods of course. You will need to carry your purchases in your hand luggage so you can show them to Customs.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I will try to limit purchases in Switzerland.
I will remember to put the things I want to claim VAT in my handcarry. With that said, I heard that customs for VAT refund is before check-in in CDG-- is it true?
Old Apr 9, 2014, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bibbju
For UK and Czech purchases only - provided the retailers provided you with the appropriate paperwork when you bought thge goods of course. You will need to carry your purchases in your hand luggage so you can show them to Customs.
Update: My entitled UK refund amount should have been £40.50; however, Travelex at CDG said that I would only get £30 if I want to get GBP as UK is not part of the EU region. I accepted an alternative option instead-- taking the refund in the form of USD 58.62 as the USD offered was more than £30.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: Golden Circle, Skywards
Originally Posted by hightide
UK is not part of the EU region.
The UK's part of the EU... do you mean Eurozone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.