Search

Uber Paris

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Uber Paris

Has anyone here used them? Fares are fair, and it seems like a good option if I don't want to deal with cash.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Uber Paris

I use them all the time. Twice last night. And have used them in other countries as well. Find the UBER US drivers lacking in quality and mannerisms of French or other countries. They are always dressed in a suite, open the door for you and for ladies they wait until you are inside where ever you are going. Excellent service.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:07 pm

out of interest - if i use Uber in a different country (and currency) - how does it affect my credit balance?

I use Uber in Australia and i have substantial referral credit in Australian Dollars (AUD) - when I get to Paris, London or even the US - can I use this credit to offset the expense of the trip or will it just deduct the funds from my nominated credit card?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by phat-dave
out of interest - if i use Uber in a different country (and currency) - how does it affect my credit balance?

I use Uber in Australia and i have substantial referral credit in Australian Dollars (AUD) - when I get to Paris, London or even the US - can I use this credit to offset the expense of the trip or will it just deduct the funds from my nominated credit card?
Am not sure about the credit thing, since I haven't checked it, but I know that I am charged on my cc.

Yesterday I took and Uber with a US friend who uses them back home and he was amazed by the quality of the cars and demur of the drivers and how they insist on opening ALL the doors. etc etc.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 6:05 pm

cheers for the reply
Old Feb 16, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Unber from CDG?

Has anybody used Uber from CDG to Paris?...and if so, did you just fire up the app when you got out of passport control or did you reserve in advance. I want to give them a try with my party of 4 on Tuesday.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ordered an Uber from the airport using the app, as it happened a driver had JUST dropped someone and took me.

I would pre-order if I were you, besides you are 4, you'd need a big car.
Old Mar 8, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat
We are just back from two weeks in Paris and ending up using Uber a half dozen times. The cars were always plentiful and we never waited more than 8 minutes for pickup. The cars were clean and almost new, the drivers were pleasant. Car doors were opened and closed for us, luggage was loaded and unloaded and prices were at or slightly below normal Paris cab fares. We ended up just grabbing a G7 cab at CDG for the ride in but relied on Uber intra-city and used them for the trip back to CDG. The iPhone app is easy to use. Uber is a breath of fresh air.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I heard about Uber Paris after last month's taxi strike. I've never used them in the USA because I'm mostly a drive-myself-around suburban guy.

But I've got a party of 5 I need to get from CDG to central Paris next month. Public transport options don't make sense for 5 people, so we were going to grab a taxi.

I'm intrigued with the idea of using Uber instead, though. Could I easily get a vehicle for 5 with them, though? If so, if I sign up with new member credits being offered on viewfromthewing and such, could I use those credits in Paris. If so, it might be a good deal for me.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Surprised there's not more discussion of Uber Paris. I did go on their website and figured out that CDG-"right bank" transport in a van was at a fixed price of 80 euros. That's not a deal, as some Paris taxis will seat 5 and I understand the fare goes for about 50-55 euros plus some extra nuisance fees.

I also determined that the "hipmunk" credit that you see on viewfromthewing and such is good only in the USA.

Last edited by iahphx; Mar 17, 2014 at 9:35 pm Reason: more info
Old Mar 21, 2014, 1:46 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I am sorry, but I have no experience on Uber in Paris for the specifics, but this could be of interest for you: you can split the fare (link in French) of the cab between the members using it (when you book a cab, you can invite your friends to split the fare, they have to accept using the app and then the price is divided by the number of people that accepted). This would make the trip a lot cheaper, or even free! But you would all need to have access to the app when taking the ride

When you are referred by someone, you get a 20€ credit (the amount changes per currency, if you sign up for a US$ account, you will get $20, that is under 15€), and after you have taken your first ride, the person that referred you gets the same amount of credit.

You should refer each other:
-Group member A signs up using a referral link (you can find some for example here on Flyertalk) and gets the first 20€ credit
-Group member A refers group member B, who will get the 20€ off the first ride. When B takes their first ride, A will get an extra 20€
-Group member B refers group member C.
-Group member C refers group member D.
-Group member D refers group member E.

Overall, if all of the accounts are in Euros you should get 100€ to start with, and an extra 80€ once you have all taken your first ride.

It might be better to sign up with an account with the country "France" if you would like the referral credits to be in Euros and if none of you plan on using the service abroad after, I am not sure how their system works through different currencies, but if you do this in US$ you will get $180 = about 130€.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iahphx
I heard about Uber Paris after last month's taxi strike. I've never used them in the USA because I'm mostly a drive-myself-around suburban guy.

But I've got a party of 5 I need to get from CDG to central Paris next month. Public transport options don't make sense for 5 people, so we were going to grab a taxi.

I'm intrigued with the idea of using Uber instead, though. Could I easily get a vehicle for 5 with them, though? If so, if I sign up with new member credits being offered on viewfromthewing and such, could I use those credits in Paris. If so, it might be a good deal for me.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Surprised there's not more discussion of Uber Paris. I did go on their website and figured out that CDG-"right bank" transport in a van was at a fixed price of 80 euros. That's not a deal, as some Paris taxis will seat 5 and I understand the fare goes for about 50-55 euros plus some extra nuisance fees.

I also determined that the "hipmunk" credit that you see on viewfromthewing and such is good only in the USA.
Yes there are the "van" taxis at CDG, but you either have to call for one G7 or wait until one arrives (the dispatcher has to ask for it). You'd have to pay around 2:50 extra per person (from what I last recall, but I think the prices have risen, since minimum fair has risen as well). Then you'd have to pay extra for the luggage. I don't know what arr in the right bank you are going to, but the last time I took a taxi to just across the river was 60 euros (before all the price increases). And that is for one person alone.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bump: any new member sign-up bonuses for Uber Paris like there is in the USA?
Old Apr 21, 2014, 8:11 am

Looking at giving Uber a whirl for ride in from CDG next week. Anyone else done it lately? Was just going to use the app since I'm seeing about 5 minute average pickup times generally when I have checked. Never prebooked an Uber ride either so not sure how that goes.

Was aiming for a pickup at the RER/SNCF station since we are coming into T1 and companions T2. Any other ideas welcome.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hilton-Dia
Used Uber over the weekend going from Latin Qtr/Rue Monge area to CDG T1. 50EUR in minimal traffic.

Family used a prebooked G7 cab a couple of hours later which was slightly cheaper 49.xx EUR. So appears Uber has no savings over taxi in this instance.

Additionally, Uber did not use my available USD credit balance but instead, charged entire fare to credit card. I've emailed them to see why.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Originally Posted by gegarrenton
Looking at giving Uber a whirl for ride in from CDG next week. Anyone else done it lately? Was just going to use the app since I'm seeing about 5 minute average pickup times generally when I have checked. Never prebooked an Uber ride either so not sure how that goes.

Was aiming for a pickup at the RER/SNCF station since we are coming into T1 and companions T2. Any other ideas welcome.
Another option is Le Cab (I discovered it from a discussion in this forum, I believe). We did that coming from BKK and arriving in CDG1. They had our flight info and knew exactly what time we would arrive (or if we were delayed) and which terminal (and arrival point). It was a nice town car (with iPad) and pricing very similar to uber.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.