Search

Hotel overnight CDG

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Hotel overnight CDG

Hi there,

I've flown through Paris CDG a number of times, but I've never stayed over. My family will be flying in late on Friday the 4th of April (land at 22:50 Terminal 2A) and leaving early on Saturday the 5th of April (flight leaves at 10am Terminal 2C). I'm looking for somewhere for us to stay the night, which doesn't involve lots of travel but isn't prohibitively expensive. There are five of us - two adults and three children (11, 9, 9), and for one night we'll quite happily squeeze onto say two double beds. We won't need breakfast, just a clean place to sleep for seven hours or so. Can anyone recommend a reasonable place to stay?

Many thanks,

-simon
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
http://www.booking.com/searchresults...rice_for_group

That shows hotels near the airport that have a hotel shuttle. I'm not sure if that includes both free & for-pay shuttles, so good to verify before booking.

Better map here: http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/e...cdg-roissy.htm
Old Jan 3, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
As far as I know none of the airport hotels allows 5 people in a (normal) room. I'd take two rooms at the airport Ibis, which does not involve a shuttle bus, just the automated CDGval. At the same place (Roissypole) there are also a Novotel and the Hilton. Within terminal 2 you have the Sheraton, but that's another price league.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks much folks. Found the Holiday Inn has a room with a double bed and a sofa bed for 20k PC points, should be fine for the one night :-)

-simon
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by MarLim
As far as I know none of the airport hotels allows 5 people in a (normal) room. I'd take two rooms at the airport Ibis, which does not involve a shuttle bus, just the automated CDGval. At the same place (Roissypole) there are also a Novotel and the Hilton. Within terminal 2 you have the Sheraton, but that's another price league.
I agree with this recommendation, but readers should be aware that there is more than one Ibis hotel at CDG.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I just stayed overnight at the CDG Hilton and was very happy.
Nice rooms, great view of tarmac and as gold I received lounge access for night drink and snack and breakfast
As a Diamond they may be very accommodating to your needs.
I paid 40,000 points for a Sunday night in January
The last minute going rate was close to 200 euros
they have a shuttle that runs to Terminal 2 or you can just walk to the CDGVAL and take it to Terminal 2
Old Jan 25, 2014, 2:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SimonsMiles
Thanks much folks. Found the Holiday Inn has a room with a double bed and a sofa bed for 20k PC points, should be fine for the one night :-)

-simon
Have you checked that the room will allow two adults and three kids? Many European hotels are very strict about occupancy limits, sometimes because of local fire codes.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Hotel overnight CDG

Fwiw, the hotel were perfectly fine with the five of us (I did call ahead and ask), and the room was perfectly adequate for an overnight (three kids on a double bed, us on the sofa bed).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.