LeCab: new fixed-price cab service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Used LeCab twice in June and was very happy with the service.

First trip was a pick-up from CDG to a hotel in Saint-Germain-des-Prés where the traffic was very heavy, so probably ended up cheaper than taking a taxi. Driver was there just after baggage reclaim and had a LeCab board up with my name so it was easy to spot.

Second trip was back to the airport and again very smooth, though the driver was about 10 minutes late for pick up.

Booked via their website using the translation feature in Google Chrome and it worked a charm.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:01 am

? about if you don't have cell service. Wife and I will be coming in via the Eurostar and will only have data ability with our iPad. I am concerned about not have communication with the driver or confirmation they will be late/waiting. Anyone else have this problem? Please advise.

Nick
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:06 am

What do you all do if you do not have cell service. Will have data only when visiting Paris.

Thanks
Old Aug 12, 2013, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG gold, US Airways, UAL, Marriott, BA
What is the maximum number of passengers they can take?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Nickwestga
What do you all do if you do not have cell service. Will have data only when visiting Paris.

Thanks
If you have wifi, you can download the app and use it with wifi.

Otherwise go on internet to book your cab.
https://en.lecab.fr/our-services/how-it-works.html
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Nickwestga
? about if you don't have cell service. Wife and I will be coming in via the Eurostar and will only have data ability with our iPad. I am concerned about not have communication with the driver or confirmation they will be late/waiting. Anyone else have this problem? Please advise.

Nick
I don't know about LeCab, but most of the shuttle services provide a toll free 0800 # to use at a Cabine (Public phone) of which there are a few at the Gare. You might inquire of LeCab if they have a "Numero Vert".
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA
The booking process asks how many minutes after arrival to be picked up. We will be arriving from DFW and needing to do customs/immigration and luggage pick up. How many minutes should I give?
Old Aug 17, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

About 20-25 minutes. But you never know with Paris luggage delivery, it may end up being 45
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:36 pm

I was thinking 45
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by theshaun
The booking process asks how many minutes after arrival to be picked up. We will be arriving from DFW and needing to do customs/immigration and luggage pick up. How many minutes should I give?
Any opinions on this? I'm arriving on a Friday at 9:40am. American Airlines
Old Aug 19, 2013, 8:13 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
I've used Paris Airport Service and have never had to concern myself with that issue. You give them your flight #, and after you retrieve your luggage you call them on their 800# from a public phone. (They have them at CDG) . Easy Peasy. Good rates, reliable, and nice drivers.

http://www.parisairportservice.com/
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
LeCab includes 30 minutes waiting time in the flat rate from the airport. The sooner estimated time you give, the more you may pay if you exceed this time limit.

That's why they ask you to estimate the time you may take to claim your luggage, clear the immigration and arrive at the meeting point.

I would advise you to call LeCab services to inform the chauffeur that you are arrived. He will wait for you at the gate with your name.

Airports and Railway Stations

What are the costs for the waiting time at airports?
We follow the actual time of arrival of flights from Orly and Roissy CDG and systematically plan a waiting period of 30 minutes from the time your flight lands. A lump sum of € 10 including the 30 minutes waiting time and the cost of parking is added to the fare. There will be an extra charge if the waiting period exceeds 30 minutes.

Do you check the actual arrival time of the flights, in case my flight schedule is changed?
Our system is connected to the Airport Info service and allows us to send a Cab in time for your actual time of arrival. If your flight is delayed, you will not have to change anything. Your Cab will also be on time if your flight arrives earlier than expected.

How much luggage can be put in one car?
The boots of our Peugeot 508 can easily accommodate four cabin suitcases or 2 large suitcases.

Does the price change if we have luggage?
No, there is no extra cost, regardless of the amount of luggage you have with you.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA
Can anyone give me some help in filling out the contract?
Thanks
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:57 pm

Thank you FlyerTalk for alerting me to this service. I used LeCab twice in late August, once from Orly to our hotel near the Louvre and the second from the hotel to Gare de Lyon. I booked the Orly leg before we left the US but booked the train station trip in Paris the night before. Both were via the iPhone. After I had my account setup, I don't think it took 30 seconds to book.

A couple of observations. While the webpage made it clear you can add a time delay, I think this didn't work as well via the iPhone app. Our driver was waiting for us when we emerged from Passport Control rather than 20 minutes later as we had requested. No big deal as he gave us enough time to use the ATM. More generally, neither of our two drivers appeared to speak much English. This wasn't an issue for us as we know enough French to get by and they certainly knew our destinations. Bottom line is I was very satisfied and will use LeCab the next time we are in Paris.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 2:24 am

Programs: Many
Reading my CC bill this week end, I noticed that LeCab charges it they day of booking and certainly not the day of travel. While they send you the invoice immediately after the journey, I am wondering if that is legal...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.