Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

LeCab: new fixed-price cab service

LeCab: new fixed-price cab service

Old May 25, 2013, 10:26 am

It looks like they updated their website and it's now in English. Did the prices go up? 45E Orly Airport to Paris. 55E CDG to Paris. Parking fare will be added.

Will a standard taxi be more than that?

http://en.lecab.fr/our-services/airports/orly.html
Old May 25, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by menton1
Last 3 trips used Paris Airport Service-- 28E for 1 person, 33 E for 2 people, CDG to anywhere in Paris! Great clean cars, wonderful courteous bi lingual drivers. Highly recommended.

Their website is acting up lately, you may have to email for a reservation.

http://www.parisairportservice.com/
I went to their rates page and it says "Valid from 1 January 2006 tariffs"
Old May 25, 2013, 6:08 pm

i tried to book future date taxi on lecab on site and it failed, kept giving me error. any tips?
Old May 25, 2013, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by troyhouse
i tried to book future date taxi on lecab on site and it failed, kept giving me error. any tips?
Try again or call them. If you call, there is an extra charge, but it is minimal around a euro... that is what they quoted me. But ask them and please be patient when you talk to them..
Old May 26, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I used this service last week from the city to CDG. Everything worked very smoothly. Booked several days in advance on the web site. Confirmation was sent to me by email and text. On the morning of departure, I got the text saying that the driver was on the way and then another text saying that the driver had arrived. The car was in great shape - new, clean, etc... They had an ipad set up for the passengers to play music in the back. Driver was friendly and helped with the luggage. I would definitely use them again.
Old May 26, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bevoinva
I used this service last week from the city to CDG. Everything worked very smoothly. Booked several days in advance on the web site. Confirmation was sent to me by email and text. On the morning of departure, I got the text saying that the driver was on the way and then another text saying that the driver had arrived. The car was in great shape - new, clean, etc... They had an ipad set up for the passengers to play music in the back. Driver was friendly and helped with the luggage. I would definitely use them again.
Thanks for sharing your experience! Out of curiosity, did you need to use the app at all after booking on the website? I ask because I have neither an Apple nor an Android device (the app is incompatible on my Android tablet for some reason), and my phone is a Blackberry. I don't mind pre-booking all my trips from the website while at home, but am curious how necessary the app is.
Old May 27, 2013, 6:30 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by lily23
Thanks for sharing your experience! Out of curiosity, did you need to use the app at all after booking on the website? I ask because I have neither an Apple nor an Android device (the app is incompatible on my Android tablet for some reason), and my phone is a Blackberry. I don't mind pre-booking all my trips from the website while at home, but am curious how necessary the app is.
I didn't have a smart phone with me - just a basic phone that can handle texts. So no, there was no need for the app.
Old May 27, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Flying Blue Gold, BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I didn't have a smart phone with me - just a basic phone that can handle texts. So no, there was no need for the app.
Thanks! Good to know I won't need to incur ridiculous roaming rates!
Old May 27, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
My US phone will not work in France and I want to book 2 trips: CDG-Paris and Paris-Orly. Is it okay to book without having a phone(cant access texts etc)?
Old May 28, 2013, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by concordian
My US phone will not work in France and I want to book 2 trips: CDG-Paris and Paris-Orly. Is it okay to book without having a phone(cant access texts etc)?
You can book through their web site...it will cost a euro or a bit more... or you could call them..
Old May 29, 2013, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
You can book through their web site...it will cost a euro or a bit more... or you could call them..
Maybe I was not clear: I can book the travel using their app on my android phone but it will not work in Paris.

How do I know the driver/car information? Will they have a card with my name near the baggage claim? I booked similar service in Rome where Driver will have a placard with my name.

I am also visiting Italy & Spain and didn't think I need European service for 2weeks.
Old May 30, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by piyush
Just booked a trip for later this month. 45 Euros from the Champs Elysees to the airport. A regular taxi takes between 50 Euros - 65 Euros depending on the traffic.

Will post back with my experience.
I had the exact same experience. I booked using the website. I was not travelling with a smart phone.

45 Euros from the Radisson Champs Elysees to CDG. A taxi would probably have cost about the same since we went at 7:00 am and there was no traffic. Our trip from CDG to the city at 9:30 am cost 55 Euros using a taxi.
Old May 30, 2013, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by concordian
Maybe I was not clear: I can book the travel using their app on my android phone but it will not work in Paris.

How do I know the driver/car information? Will they have a card with my name near the baggage claim? I booked similar service in Rome where Driver will have a placard with my name.

I am also visiting Italy & Spain and didn't think I need European service for 2weeks.
Oh yes.. Didn't think of that. When I used them they usually text me that the driver is outside and I usually call the driver.

Maybe you could let them know that that when you book.. And ask for the driver to come in with your name on tha board.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by piyush
I had the exact same experience. I booked using the website. I was not travelling with a smart phone.

45 Euros from the Radisson Champs Elysees to CDG. A taxi would probably have cost about the same since we went at 7:00 am and there was no traffic. Our trip from CDG to the city at 9:30 am cost 55 Euros using a taxi.
Can you tell me how they contacted you for the return trip?

I may also book for my return from Hyatt Vendome to Orly and will take regular taxi for CDG-Hyatt.

If email works, do you know if CDG has free wifi?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 1:25 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
They contacted me via e-mail to confirm the booking. I also gave them my hotels telephone number via e-mail.

The car was already waiting outside the hotel when I checked out just a little before 7:00 am so they probably didn't need to call.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.