Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Michelin 3* restaurants in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
And Le Cinq is a 2 star because the chef left.. Though I understand a new 3 star chef is coming, but I am not sure when.
i think le cinq lost the third star in 06,07. or 08. long time to search for a cook.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
I did eat at Le Cinq last month and it was very good... really good, but I prefer the other 2 that I mentioned... But Le Cinq is great.

Go to Spring for good food and wines and Frenchie the wine bar for tapas and wines... skip the resto.
I'll definitely look into those! Thanks again!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by slawecki
i think le cinq lost the third star in 06,07. or 08. long time to search for a cook.
Are you sure of the dates? I thought it was a couple of years ago. I will ask next week.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
I like Septime as well.. check it out, it is in the 11th. Reserve early.

http://septime-charonne.fr

Those are young chefs, who travelled and aren't stuck to the traditional way of cooking.

But aren't starred... One that I like and just got a star is http://www.restaurantitineraires.com

I have followed Sylvain since he was a one man show in the 11th.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure of the dates? I thought it was a couple of years ago. I will ask next week.
quite.2006 had it. 2007 gone. we were there when the 2007 came out. and as i had said earler, they opted to drop the third star.

for a real name drop, in'05 in dead of winter, george blanc must have been bored to death, because he came out of the kitchen and spent the whole dinner talking to us. he said it was just horrendously expensive to maintain the third star, and no profit in the restaurant. had to make money on other related stuff.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

quite.2006 had it. 2007 gone. we were there when the 2007 came out. and as i had said earler, they opted to drop the third star.

for a real name drop, in'05 in dead of winter, george blanc must have been bored to death, because he came out of the kitchen and spent the whole dinner talking to us. he said it was just horrendously expensive to maintain the third star, and no profit in the restaurant. had to make money on other related stuff.
It is very tedious and expensive to maintain the 3rd star. Look at Lucas Carlton/ Senderens... He gave up the stars and still give them up whenever they doll them out.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it's been a few years, but when we went to nice, the Chantecler
Hotel Negresco had no stars from the big M.

we had one of the grandest, most opulent meals ever. once a 3* Chantecler
Hotel Negresco just opted out.

a center table was roped off with a velvet cord. table for 8 was set for 3. a very grand elderly female arrived, with her two toy poodles. all 3 were seated, the pups on cushions. and she was served. did not, but should have asked who was that grand dame???
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:21 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
i remember raw lobster tail. take one fresh maine lobster tail, shuck it, put it on the plate serve with a wallalahh. raw sea urchin is another.
Maine lobster in a French 3 star restaurant?

Epicure at Le Bristol is a Paris 3 star open everyday all year long
Old May 7, 2013, 5:59 am

Philippe Legendre was the chef of the V from 99 to 2008
From 2003 to 2007 he had 3 stars
Got downgraded to 2 stars in 2007
Left in 2008 with still 2 stars

In 2008 new chef came called "Eric Briffard" (former of Plaza Athene and before at Robuchon Jamin as a "second")

Briffard keep the 2 stars but was never able to upgrade to 3 stars (I'm not surprised as the restaurant doesn't even worth 2 stars, it's not because the DR is very nice that they deserve their stars).
I don't understand why most people love this restaurant, I found the service to be very "average" (if I say 'bad service" are you all going to bite me ?? hihihi) (except one very good waiter that was assigned to other tables, unfortunately for us) and the food just good. (but no more than good)

for still a very nice DR and better food, the Meurice (and not Maurice or Mourice will be perfect. (closed on week end)
Old May 7, 2013, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by ABG
+1 for Epicure / Bristol
an also open for lunch daily
Old May 7, 2013, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ABG
Maine lobster in a French 3 star restaurant?

why should you be confused. almost all cold water lobster comes from the us atlantic sseaboard, as does a lot of the fish that does not live in the warm waters of the Mediterranean.

what?? what??? in lyon, irish oysters. caviar is from eastern europe. so is almost all foie gras.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: All of the above
Loved Taillevant..ate 3 weeks ago at -Atelier Joel Robuchon...excellent,more informal...tried also Biches au Bois (€29) 4course meal..no stars and love Comptoir du Relais €60 5 course Yves Cambembord gem. Taillevant first course roughly€85,main course€120.......dessert/wine etc$$$$$$$ Awesome evening
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:03 pm

The World's best restaurant is L'Ambroisie. Way better than any of the other Paris 3*.

Arpege is fine if you like carrots. But I'd not go there again. Nor to Astrance or Pre Catalan. All the others are fine, wonderful places but not up to Bernard Pacaud at L'Ambroisie.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
Actually, Michelin starred restaurants are slipping in this sophisticated world of Gastronomy 2013.

Parisians and foreign foodies alike are discovering Bistro food, available at cutting edge little places run by younger, bolder chefs and they are replacing Michelins as the go-to places in Paris.

A lot more relaxed, less sauces and richness, these places are really a lot more enjoyable to me than the stodgy Michelins. Get with the modern times!

http://www.gq.com/food-travel/alan-r...s-alan-richman

Last edited by menton1; Jun 13, 2013 at 4:23 pm
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Michelin 3* restaurants in Paris

We opt for 2 and 3 star resto lunches. Much better value and we spend the afternoon walking off our wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.