Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

CDG or GVA to visit southern burgundy?

CDG or GVA to visit southern burgundy?

Old Sep 8, 2012, 6:11 pm

Further research indicates UA 975 will go to a M/W/F/Sat/Sun frequency starting 10/17/12 until March.

I don't recall this off-season reduction in past years, but neither was I checking. Sorry for the misleading info.

Award seats in business class are extremely rare on this flight, in my experience.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the winter cutbacks out of iad are very common. 2 planes to 1, 777 instead of 747, 777 to 767, and fewer days. the day i looked i did not see a nonstop biz saver gve-iad, but there was one gve -ewr only about 5 of 50 seats taken.

i am flying iad-lys-iad(with transfers and layovers) on oct 30-nov8. i wanted to go earlier, but no seats available. now there is a ton of availability over the whole month of oct.

couple months ago, we flew back bcn-gve-iad in biz. think on a ua 767.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles
Just curious, by gve are you meaning gva(Geneva)? What is biz saver? I have a choice to fly GVA-EWR or GVA-IAD on our return. Looks as though half of the back half of the plane is Economy Plus. Not sure what the advantages are to that.
I was just given a quote from an online travel agency(bidding) to fly first class
TYS- GVA-TYS for $2,800. Outgoing schedule was great, return not-so-much(2 stops). I told them if they could get it down to 1 stop on the return I would go for it. Assuming that price is all inclusive.We'll see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.