Wiki Posts
Search

Top Notch Restaurant recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLATINUM
Top Notch Restaurant recommendation

Can someone recommend me a restaurant for my wife birthday, we will be eating at night with the kids but i want to take her to a very good culinary experience. Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2012, 6:10 pm

How old are your children? I highly recommend Lassere, however, it's not a place to take young children to. L'astrance is a wonderful bistrot in the 1st that may be more accomodating to younger folks but still has wonderful food for adults.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLATINUM
2 and a half and a baby... I'm moving with a double stroller...
Old Apr 9, 2012, 8:38 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Without children, Sur Mesure at the Mandarin Oriental is one of the city's hottest tables. With children, Le Cinq at the Four Seasons George V may be a good option.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I recommend Benoit. It's an Alain Ducasse restaurant, but not one of the super over the top ones. So you get excellent food and service without the exorbitant bill. And I'm sure you will be fine with kids, but let them know you want a downstairs table when you make the reservation so you don't have to carry your stroller upstairs.

http://www.benoit-paris.com/

Note that if you decide to go to a starred Michelin restaurant, you generally need 3 hours to complete the meal. Which isn't fun with kids.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Flying Blue
There are literally hundreds of great restaurants in Paris. Could you kindly state some criteria by which t narrow down the choices a bit;e.g., neighborhod, cuisine, ambience, price, etc.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Is the OP even confined to Paris? There are many fabulous destination restaurants in the French countryside as well.

I'm partial to La Cote St. Jacques in Joigny
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by luxury
Without children, Sur Mesure at the Mandarin Oriental is one of the city's hottest tables.
I had dinner two weeks ago (EUR 180 degustation menu), and it was a huge disappointment
Old Apr 14, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
I would heavily suggest Saturne (17 Rue Notre-Dame des Victoires) by Sven Chartier

Really creative food in a Noma Copenhagen way

Elegant and warm contemporary design
Professional but still laid back atmosphere

Excellent value EUR 60 menu for dinner (without wine)
Just note that some food is raw
Old May 1, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: 2mm+ UAL | Lifetime Titanium Marriott | Globalist Hyatt | SpireElite IHG
As per one of the previous posters, without some guidelines, "a good resto in Paris area" is almost impossible to answer. Paris is huge, and chock full of places to eat, any number of them 'great', ranging from the setting, to the food, to the service.

I spend about 1/2 my time in Paris, and eat out very frequently.
If you post with a bit more of a filter to what you're looking for, happy to help.
Old May 2, 2012, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

do you have a lot of confidence that your children will stay quiet during a full 3 hr meal? with minimum mommy attention? the a lot of the people next to you spending $200 a head will not tolerate a screaming brat. it is not done in exclusive resturants in france. i have demanded to be moved(usually to the kitchen) on a number of occasions when the kids (some as old as 8-9) have not been controlled.

well behaved pets are allowed, however
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Had dinner this week at Itineraires on the rue de Pontoise, just over the river from Notre Dame in the Latin Quarter.

Eight courses from the menu plaisir - outstanding in every way.

http://restaurant-itineraires.com/
Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Showbizguru
Had dinner this week at Itineraires on the rue de Pontoise, just over the river from Notre Dame in the Latin Quarter.

Eight courses from the menu plaisir - outstanding in every way.

http://restaurant-itineraires.com/
Ahhh you saw Sandra and Sylvan, just love them. I remember when they first started in the 11th. Glad you like it. Really excellent food. My very little secret in paris is just out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.