Public bus question for CDG - Paris

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Public bus question for CDG - Paris

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Tamino
I have never heard of the Airport Connection Bus. There are the Air France buses, the Roissybus, or the RATP buses, none of which would take you near this address; and I assume you mean 16, rue de l´Exposition in the 7th.

Consider a taxi, from the official taxi queue - about 55€. Do not accept offers from clandestine drivers soliciting from within the terminals.

You could also take the train. From Terminal 1, take the CDGVAL to Roissypol, purchase a ticket to Paris - 10€ - and take the next train. At Châtelet, transition to RER A to Auber, at Auber transition to Métro 8, direction Balard, exit at Ecole Militaire. Keep your ticket until you exit Ecole Militaire.
Someome could do all that but it is a very convoluted way to get from CDG to Ecole Militaire. Cheaper and far easier would be the Roissybus to the stop near Opera, then the Metro 8 to Ecole Militaire.

I much prefer your suggestion of a taxi, noting though that time of day can impact time and cost a lot.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Someome could do all that but it is a very convoluted way to get from CDG to Ecole Militaire. Cheaper and far easier would be the Roissybus to the stop near Opera, then the Metro 8 to Ecole Militaire.
Roissybus/métro cheaper? How so?

The Roissybus is 11€ plus 1.80€ for the métro ticket. That´s 12.80€ for the bus/métro combination.

The RER/métro from CDG to Ecole Militaire is 10€.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I would just note that if it's rush hour, buses and taxis can be very slow. Very.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by Tamino
Roissybus/métro cheaper? How so?

The Roissybus is 11€ plus 1.80€ for the métro ticket. That´s 12.80€ for the bus/métro combination.

The RER/métro from CDG to Ecole Militaire is 10€.
You're correct. The RER, followed by a transfer to another RER, followed by a transfer to the Metro, is cheaper by almost $3.

And much more cumbersome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.