Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe including Turkey > France
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 20, 11, 9:52 pm   #1
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: ORD and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 53,941
Paris restaurant recommendation for a group

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Saturday night dinner in Paris for 10-12 people on relatively short notice (Dec. 3)? We're looking for something moderately priced - in the €50 per person range, ideally with a private, or semi-private space. The fine establishment where we intended to go screwed us over and now we're stuck without a place. It does not have to be in any particular area, just somewhere that is not too far out of central Paris. We're working with the concierge at the Park Hyatt, but I thought it was worth a try to ask here too. Thanks.
__________________
Another ankle biting chihuahua always ready with inane and incomprehensible apologia!
ILuvParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 11, 11:47 am   #2
 
Join Date: Feb 1999
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvParis View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Saturday night dinner in Paris for 10-12 people on relatively short notice (Dec. 3)? We're looking for something moderately priced - in the €50 per person range, ideally with a private, or semi-private space. The fine establishment where we intended to go screwed us over and now we're stuck without a place. It does not have to be in any particular area, just somewhere that is not too far out of central Paris. We're working with the concierge at the Park Hyatt, but I thought it was worth a try to ask here too. Thanks.
You might consider Le Square Trousseau:
http://www.squaretrousseau.com/

This isn't the greatest place in Paris, but it is pretty good for the price. They have main courses for around 20 euros such as Parmentier Royal (with confit de canard) and veal cutlets in creme sauce with mushrooms.

They also have a private room next door to the restaurant (which has it's own window out to the street) which would seat your group comfortably. I have no idea on what terms they use the private room.

When I was there (at the restaurant) on a Saturday night it got pretty hectic after 9pm when the place filled up, and service slowed down a lot. If you had a dedicated waiter/waitress, that would solve that issue but I can't advise anymore.

The locale is maybe a half mile from Place Bastille in a bustling neighborhood with a lot of commerce for regular Parisiennes.
Mountain Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 11, 8:41 am   #3
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: ORD and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 53,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader View Post
You might consider Le Square Trousseau:
http://www.squaretrousseau.com/

This isn't the greatest place in Paris, but it is pretty good for the price. They have main courses for around 20 euros such as Parmentier Royal (with confit de canard) and veal cutlets in creme sauce with mushrooms.

They also have a private room next door to the restaurant (which has it's own window out to the street) which would seat your group comfortably. I have no idea on what terms they use the private room.

When I was there (at the restaurant) on a Saturday night it got pretty hectic after 9pm when the place filled up, and service slowed down a lot. If you had a dedicated waiter/waitress, that would solve that issue but I can't advise anymore.

The locale is maybe a half mile from Place Bastille in a bustling neighborhood with a lot of commerce for regular Parisiennes.
Very cute website too. I added it to the list we asked the concierge to look into, but they are fully booked for the evening in question, as are many others. It looks like we have found something, however. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Thanks also to those who PM'd me with ideas. I appreciate it!
__________________
Another ankle biting chihuahua always ready with inane and incomprehensible apologia!
ILuvParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 11, 3:53 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,654
I recommend La Terrasse. It has a second floor with many windows overlooking the Ecole Militaire street area. It really would be perfect for a large group. It's reasonably priced (probably less than €50) with a decent size menu. It's right at the Ecole Militaire metro stop.

Bobette
b1513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 11, 2:42 pm   #5
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: ORD and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 53,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1513 View Post
I recommend La Terrasse. It has a second floor with many windows overlooking the Ecole Militaire street area. It really would be perfect for a large group. It's reasonably priced (probably less than €50) with a decent size menu. It's right at the Ecole Militaire metro stop.

Bobette
Thanks, but already have La Terrasse scheduled for another evening. We ended up getting L'Epigramme for our larger group, even though it's a smallish place.
__________________
Another ankle biting chihuahua always ready with inane and incomprehensible apologia!
ILuvParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 11, 7:29 am   #6
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Window seat
Programs: AF, TK, 9F
Posts: 3,132
Have you tried L'Auberge Pyrenées Cevennes?
__________________
Link to Flying Blue award travel with children / infants
bodory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 11, 9:25 am   #7
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: ORD and LIH
Programs: AA: 2 MM
Posts: 53,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodory View Post
Have you tried L'Auberge Pyrenées Cevennes?
Non. Running out of days! Le Bon Saint Pourcain, Le Souffle so far. La Fontaine de Mars tonight. L'Epigramme tomorrow, Chez Flottes Sunday after a Christmas Concert at St. Chapelle. Partner wants to return to Le Souffle next week.
__________________
Another ankle biting chihuahua always ready with inane and incomprehensible apologia!
ILuvParis is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:55 am.




SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.