Search

Cooking class suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2002, 6:29 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Cooking class suggestions

I'm going to be in Paris over President's Day weekend. I had signed up for a half-day cooking class, but since I was the only one who signed up, it's been cancelled. So. . .does anybody have any suggestions for this experience? BTW, I am not really a cook, but I thought it would be a fun thing to do - especially sit and have the lunch and wine after the cooking!

Thanks. The class I originally signed up for was through the international kitchen. I have also emailed Cordon Bleu, but no response so far.
Old Feb 1, 2002, 7:16 pm
Suspended

I can't help with the cooking class but it appears some other FTer's will be in Paris the same time. From the AA forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum71/HTML/007817.html
Old Feb 1, 2002, 7:22 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

thanks drtravels. Yeah, I started that thread for our mini-do. I am still looking for suggestions for a cooking class from anybody that might know. Thanks.
Old Feb 2, 2002, 7:07 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ldsant:
Yeah, I started that thread for our mini-do. I am still looking for suggestions for a cooking class from anybody that might know. Thanks.</font>

Oops. I guess those nuns were right when they said learning to read would be beneficial.
Old Feb 2, 2002, 7:11 am

A friend took a 3-day course with La Varenne, which is in the 6th or 7th. The course was given in English (if that's important), and was clearly aimed toward non-professional cooks. (La Varenne is a well-known school that is best-known for training professional chefs.)

Dunno if they offer day- or half-day courses, but I suspect that you'd know how to find out if you're interested.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 12:49 pm
iff

Since you mentioned International Kitchen, I'm guessing the class you were looking at was one of Paule Caillat's? It's too bad it was cancelled because they sound great. I'm hoping to take one of her full-day classes when I'm in Paris in May.

Another possibility might be a class with Françoise Meunier. Here's her web site:
http://www.inti.fr/fmeunier/concept.html

Some others are mentioned on the Paris Anglo site. I'm not sure if this link will work, but if it doesn't just try www.paris-anglo.com and look for cooking classes in the study category.
http://www.paris-anglo.com/dedent/de...ools/index.php

Good luck and bon appetit!
Old Feb 20, 2002, 8:10 pm
In memoriam
Original Poster

As a follow-up, I ended up taking the 1/2 day class for pastry making at Le Cordon Bleu this past Monday. It was great! Demonstration class, but VERY enjoyable and the final products were awesome! The cost was 38 euros per person, the class lasted 2.5 hours and was part of a real class full of students. It was enjoyable and I got some good recipes from it. The funniest part was at the conclusion when all of the students ran to take a picture of all of the food!

I'd recommend this if you enjoy cooking. They also had some wine classes there as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.