Leaving luggage on a 22-hour layover between CDG and ORY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving luggage on a 22-hour layover between CDG and ORY

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
The Hilton is quite decent. Not the best Hilton of the world, but a very decent place to stay. And the closest from the terminals.
Well, I haven't stayed at the Orly Hilton. I was just going by the reviews I read:

https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/hil...y-airport.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...de_France.html
Old Jul 23, 2017, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Simon Schus
Thank you Mountain Trader so much for taking the time out to offer some thoughts - we love it

I have had a fair few nights in Paris in my life already over the past couple of years and even more over the last decade, each for tourism, and will likely have a fair few more. I lived close enough in the past to just get the Eurostar or a short flight, and we'll hopefully live close enough in the next few years too, albeit we live several hours flight and an ocean away at the moment - so this is just a day trip to show my wife around, have a stroll around a couple of sights, and some dinner before we head back home. As such, that doesn't really come into the equation too much just yet.

We'll end up either staying at CDG or ORY on that night before our flight as a result, though on points likely at the Hilton CDG or the Hilton ORY. We had considered hotels in the centre, but alas the cost is going to be around €150 more for the night - or double to three times the amount of points - which doesn't seem worth it to us just for the ease of avoiding mechanics on such a short visit.

We were considering both options, of dropping bags at Hilton CDG and doing a roundtrip - and getting the bus the next morning to ORY. Alternatively, heading to Gare du Nord to drop our bags into some lockers there before than heading to the Hilton ORY that night and just get the shuttle bus for the short journey to the terminal the next morning. As yet, undecided. We're leaning one way more than the other.

We'll pick one option but I was just trying to ascertain luggage issues and this thread has been so helpful so thank you
Thanks for the nice post.

We've stayed at the Hilton CDG a number of times, and it's pretty good, especially on points. Nice spa and workout area, and the food is ok, except they've let the breakfast buffet slide a lot from a few years ago.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:18 pm

Hey, so based on this looks like the Paris vista pass might be the best option?

I'm landing in ORY and spending the night in paris, just going to book something near CDG as that is where I fly out of. So I'll need to get from ORY to CDG, and then my plan is to get dinner in the city so I'll need to get from CDG to the city center and back again.

What would my best option be? Seems like the air france bus is gone and I'd like a cost effective option. I'll have one large piece of luggage with me (but spinner so easy to maneuver) .

Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Hellfire

I'm landing in ORY and spending the night in paris, just going to book something near CDG as that is where I fly out of. So I'll need to get from ORY to CDG, and then my plan is to get dinner in the city so I'll need to get from CDG to the city center and back again.

What would my best option be? Seems like the air france bus is gone and I'd like a cost effective option. I'll have one large piece of luggage with me (but spinner so easy to maneuver) .

Thanks
the AF bus still exists but is now called "le bus direct".
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
Originally Posted by Hellfire

Thanks
For your needs, the one day, zone 1-5 Paris Visite pass at 24.50€ will be perfect. The pass is valid until midnight so you will want to be back to CDG by then. Be sure to print your name on the pass as it is non transferable.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 2:21 am

So from Ory to cdg arriving at 5:50 pm, if I buy the paris vista pass what is my route to cdg?

Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
If I understand this correctly, you are arriving ORY at 17h50 and you want to check in at a CDG hotel for the night yet travel back into Paris to eat, returning to a CDG hotel after dinner.

The route would be ORY, OrlyVal to Antony, transfer to the RER B to CDG to your hotel. Back to Paris on the RER B, later returning to CDG to your hotel.

In my opinion however, you arrive much too late in the day to be able to complete such an itinerary. Either eat in Paris on your way to CDG or eat near your hotel at CDG.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:48 am

Thanks, I think I am going to have to eat on their way in due to a flight delay as you suggested.

Is the vista pass still the best option?

Last edited by Hellfire; Aug 2, 2017 at 8:16 am
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:00 pm

Well in a fun (not) turn of events due to the flight being cancelled I'm now just going to cdg directly. I think le bus direct is fastest most cost effective option now?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:54 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Accor Silver
Gare du Nord is the logical place to stay and to use the left luggage facilities (screening machine before the lockers).

The RER B there is connected both to CDG and to ORY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.