Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which area in Paris to stay?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Exclamation Which area in Paris to stay?

Last edited by NotTellYou; May 1, 2017 at 7:47 am
Old Apr 29, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: United, TAP Victoria, AVIOS
All of the 16th arrondissement is nice but many neighborhoods are not as animated as are other areas of the city, important if you are looking for cafés.

For what particular highway is it that you are needing quick access?
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor

Last edited by NotTellYou; May 1, 2017 at 7:47 am
Old Apr 29, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
some of the higher number arr have less nightlife or even Sunday activity. They are safe and nice but low key and many shops are closed on Sundays
I like the 6th arr which provides great transportation (Metro, taxi stands, Uber), great cafe, shops, food markets and nightlife
The Marais is also nice (combination of 3rd and 4th) but some streets may not be as nice as others.
Since you have to be in the south and the north of the city, the center is best.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:21 am

Programs: CO, UA Premier
I have stayed in 4 (once just across the river from the Ile St. Louis and once on it) and 1 (near Chatelet Les Halles) and am about to stay in 5 (near the Jardin des Plantes). You cannot really go wrong with any location near the Seine where you can walk to the islands, St. Germain, and the Marais from. Some of the outer arrondissements are up and coming (like the Belleville area) and probably cheaper to stay in but you trade off quick access to the central sights that you want to see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.