Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

First RER B to CDG at 4:53 AM, Walk to Gare du Nord from Montmartre?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First RER B to CDG at 4:53 AM, Walk to Gare du Nord from Montmartre?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
Le Cab is much better, and cheaper, than G7.
9€ cheaper you say.

And how are they "much better"?
Old May 28, 2016, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
9€ cheaper you say.

And how are they "much better"?
First of all, it's a fixed price and there are no "hidden" charges such as pick up time as you have with a normal taxi Parisien. With a fixed price it is in the drivers interest to get you to your destination as soon as possible and take the fastest route. With a meter on, your route might not be the same.

And in the same way that Uber is better in the US you have a vastly better chance of getting a good driver. If you are fortunate enough to get a really good taxi driver, then there is no difference in that department. But you don't always get a good driver. And if you appear to be a foreigner who doesn't know their way around, some taxi drivers take advantage of these people. Not the majority of taxi drivers, but some do. With services such as Uber and Le Cab we the passengers rate our drivers and that helps the managers weed out any bad drivers. And I prefer Le Cab because Uber has gotten so large. I'll prefer the relatively smaller operator.

Parisien taxi drivers are not horrible and I've taken countless trips with them. But I speak French and know my way around so I sometimes help guide them to the best route.

And Le Cab is not an unknown entity. They have been in service for over 2 years now, right? Lots of posts here from Parisiens who like their service. I've seen no complaints.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Go to https://www.lecab.fr/ and see for yourself.

But I plugged in the OP's route and it comes to €48. So €9 less than the G7 post above.
Stimpy, please please please stop recommending Le cab, please.

G7 is very good and you can even install their app.

Actually Uber Paris is way way much better than the US counterpart. Way much better.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:41 pm

First of all, it's a fixed price and there are no "hidden" charges such as pick up time as you have with a normal taxi Parisien. With a fixed price it is in the drivers interest to get you to your destination as soon as possible and take the fastest route. With a meter on, your route might not be the same.

And in the same way that Uber is better in the US you have a vastly better chance of getting a good driver. If you are fortunate enough to get a really good taxi driver, then there is no difference in that department. But you don't always get a good driver. And if you appear to be a foreigner who doesn't know their way around, some taxi drivers take advantage of these people. Not the majority of taxi drivers, but some do. With services such as Uber and Le Cab we the passengers rate our drivers and that helps the managers weed out any bad drivers. And I prefer Le Cab because Uber has gotten so large. I'll prefer the relatively smaller operator.

Parisien taxi drivers are not horrible and I've taken countless trips with them. But I speak French and know my way around so I sometimes help guide them to the best route.

And Le Cab is not an unknown entity. They have been in service for over 2 years now, right? Lots of posts here from Parisiens who like their service. I've seen no complaints.
As you know (or should), G7 now has fixed prices to both airports, with no other charges other than for reservations. Is that clear enough that its prices for the OP would be fixed?

As for speaking French, I have never heard anyone report that their cab driver could not find CDG airport, which is the OP's question. Moreover, G7 has a separate phone number for English speakers, ane one can chose a driver who speaks English at no extra charge.

Price is easy to compare. Saying one is better is another, subjective matter, and is unsubstantiated here.

Last edited by Mountain Trader; May 29, 2016 at 1:38 pm
Old May 29, 2016, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Tamino
I am not the person suggesting this service. I would have no reason to bet my making a flight with a VTC vs. a legitimate taxi. Evidence to the contrary, I would recommend a taxi Parisien, with thousands of taxis upon which one might rely, vs. any unknown entity.

The only company, other than taxi, that I personally would recommend, having used them on numerous occasions, is Navendis:

http://www.navendis.com/
LeCab is extremely reliable and offer a much better travel experience than any taxi. I use them very often and never had any problem.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Goldorak
LeCab is extremely reliable and offer a much better travel experience than any taxi. I use them very often and never had any problem.
Right, I don't understand the negativity here? Are some employed by G7 or have friends working there or something? What is the perceived problem with Le Cab?

I had a less than perfect experience with Uber in Paris, but I'm sure that overall they are fine. So far Le Cab has been perfect.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:01 am

Right, I don't understand the negativity here? Are some employed by G7 or have friends working there or something? What is the perceived problem with Le Cab?

I had a less than perfect experience with Uber in Paris, but I'm sure that overall they are fine. So far Le Cab has been perfect.
I'd ask the same about all the posts touting Le Cab and how they are 'a lot better'.
Old May 29, 2016, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Up in post #17 I thought I wrote a balanced view, not saying any of these services were horrible. Again, I don't understand the negativity.

Several Parisien Flyertalkers have posted in various threads about how they think Le Cab is the best choice. Maybe our views are somewhat subjective, but I would not discount anyones opinion here. I'm sure the people who prefer G7 have good reason to assert their opinion.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Thanks for all the input!
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Up in post #17 I thought I wrote a balanced view, not saying any of these services were horrible. Again, I don't understand the negativity.

Several Parisien Flyertalkers have posted in various threads about how they think Le Cab is the best choice. Maybe our views are somewhat subjective, but I would not discount anyones opinion here. I'm sure the people who prefer G7 have good reason to assert their opinion.
No, someone asked why Le Cab was better than G7, and from what I read you continued to explain why Le Cab was better than a regular taxi.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
No, someone asked why Le Cab was better than G7, and from what I read you continued to explain why Le Cab was better than a regular taxi.
G7 are regular taxis. It's just a regular taxi company.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 1:59 pm

Whether G7, Le Cab, Uber or another company is better for the experienced traveler is way beyond the scooe of this thread, in which a father with young children asked for a simple, reliable way to the airport at an early hour.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Whether G7, Le Cab, Uber or another company is better for the experienced traveler is way beyond the scooe of this thread, in which a father with young children asked for a simple, reliable way to the airport at an early hour.
Really? So why do you keep trying to shut people up who suggest Le Cab? This is your fourth such unhelpful post in this thread, right? Why even make a claim that my opinion is unsubstantiated? If you care about the OP, let it go man.
Old Mar 5, 2017, 7:48 pm

TAxi from CDG into Paris

Would anyone recommend taking a taxi from CDG into Paris for a family of 4 instead of taking the RER ? I checked and Viator.com quoted $91.96USD for family of 4. Sister taking family of 4 to Paris this Sept for the 1st time.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
Old Mar 5, 2017, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keflyer
Would anyone recommend taking a taxi from CDG into Paris for a family of 4 instead of taking the RER ? I checked and Viator.com quoted $91.96USD for family of 4. Sister taking family of 4 to Paris this Sept for the 1st time.

Any suggestion would be appreciated!
I don't know what Viator is, but Le Cab, Uber or even an ordinary taxi would be better than the RER and would cost much less than $91.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.