Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Killing 6 hrs at CDG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Killing 6 hrs at CDG

During an upcoming trip i have to kill close to 6 hrs at CDG.
Any advise folks what to do?Anything exciting to do?
Just FYI it will be my final destination so i will be coming from a 10hr flight out of DFW.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I don't understand. If CDG is your final destination, why do you have six hours at the airport? Are you waiting for someone or something? Must you stay within the airport itself? Where are you going after that? How well do you know Paris? Do say more.

The answer depends on the time of year your "upcoming trip" happens, too. Walking around the village of Roissy would be fine in June, given decent weather, but less of an idea for January.

Beyond that, I'd head over to the France forum, where similar questions have been asked and answered several times. If you don't find exactly what you're looking for there, you can post a more specific question - perhaps explaining why the previous answers don't address your situation. People in general are much more willing to go the extra mile for someone who's done his or her homework.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem
I don't understand. If CDG is your final destination, why do you have six hours at the airport? Are you waiting for someone or something? Must you stay within the .
MR, my guess.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:14 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the FT France Forum.
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Dec 15, 2010, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Thats my first time in Paris and couple of friends are coming from different destinations and i will be the first one getting there early morning in the month of JAN.
I hope that will help
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Plat, Avis PP
Meet them at the Eiffel Tower then....
Old Dec 15, 2010, 3:13 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Get into the city and walk, walk, walk. So many great things to see around every corner. Have breakfast at a pavement cafe (if it is warm enough). Though you will have to find somewhere for your bags I expect.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
I'd say the Effifle Tower and go up in it if you have the time.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
take the RER B train (35-40 min) to Ille St. Louis and enjoy for a couple of hours.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:22 am

Programs: DL FO
As you will arrive in the early morning, if the weather is sunny, I would go to the Tuileries or jardin du Luxembourg. You will see Paris waking up from calm to more activity. You can then have a coffee and meet your friends later at the Eiffel tower.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:59 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
I would prefer to alight from the RER at St. Michel/Notre Dame... find a cafe, sit and have a coffee or breakfast and people watch for an hour before taking a stroll along the Seine, visiting Ile de Cite and Ile de St. Louis... Don't waste any time at the dreadful CDG airport unless you really are a masochist... there is really no place to sit and be anything other than bored to death..
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:08 pm

Make a list of all the ways CDG is one of the most dreadful, uncomfortable, poorly managed, idiotically designed airports in the world. That should take a few hours.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:09 pm

Programs: United, Hilton
Eat for god's sake, you're in France
Old Dec 29, 2010, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Buzzman
I would prefer to alight from the RER at St. Michel/Notre Dame... find a cafe, sit and have a coffee or breakfast and people watch for an hour before taking a stroll along the Seine, visiting Ile de Cite and Ile de St. Louis... Don't waste any time at the dreadful CDG airport unless you really are a masochist... there is really no place to sit and be anything other than bored to death..
thats what i am thinking about doing.^
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:03 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by saatx
thats what i am thinking about doing.^
Good! I am in one of those cafes at this very moment!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.