Wiki Posts
Search

New here: wanted to warn travelers from parisrentaparts agency

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 7:31 am
Original Poster

New here: wanted to warn travelers from parisrentaparts agency

Hello all,

Sorry I haven't found you before I booked with the parisrentaparts agency in Paris. We traveled to Paris in June, stayed for 9 nights in an apartment we rented from the agency.

To be fair, the correspondent before was fine and timely handled. The apartment was ok. All in all we had a wonderful trip.

The problems began after we left. As I am a trusting person, we payed a security deposit of 300 euros in cash, we were told that we will be refunded through our paypal account.

Today, six months!!!! After we came back, we still haven't received our money back. I tried to call, sent emails, sent some of my Parisian friends, nothing helps. They admit they didnt pay (I have all correspondents) but they are transferring the money.

If any one knows what options I have, I will greatful, for the time being all I can do is warn others not to be fooled. There are plenty of other options so do your self a favor and stay away from them....

Thank for reading,

Roni
Old Jan 15, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Can I Help?

I will be renting from this company for my 3d time--arriving this Thursday. I can hand deliver a letter or message for you.

This is not usual for them BTW.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Hey thanks for the offer

I don't see the point. I never had such a problem before. I sent my friends who live in Paris to talk to them, e-mailed them many many times but to no use.

We also talked to the police, but the only option is suing them. As I said they admit not paying but now they refer me to their agency in Italy, very bad customer service. I gave them cash, they should pay me back the same way, and I have someone to collect the money.

What can I say, good luck to you, hope it goes smoothly this time again.

Roni
Old Jan 16, 2012, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Ronip10
The problems began after we left. As I am a trusting person, we payed a security deposit of 300 euros in cash, we were told that we will be refunded through our paypal account.

Today, six months!!!! After we came back, we still haven't received our money back.
Sorry for your troubles and I hope they get resolved with your efforts.

FWIW after lots of researching Paris apartment rental agencies I chose one, clickappart, that didn't require a security/damage deposit be paid in cash as they held an authorization against your CC. That way if anything was amiss after you left they would charge the card and if it wasn't the authorization would eventually be released. The thought of bringing a wad of bills to pay someone locally didn't appeal to me and now hearing of your troubles getting that money back I'm glad I didn't go that route.

Some rental firms won't even take CC and you have to wire them the money plus pay the balance in cash and it just didn't seem too user friendly to this user but that's just MHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.