Wiki Posts
Search

Factory Outlet Shopping in/near Paris

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Factory Outlet Shopping in/near Paris

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and its a wealth of information for travellers...so thank you everyone for your contribution.

Anyway, my wife and I will be in Paris (on rue scribe 75009) this December. My wife has heard that there are factory outlets for designer lables in/near Paris.
Is this true, if so can someone please advise where it is and how to get there.

Thank.

PS. I did try searching through the forums, but had no luck.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:58 am

Programs: Many
Hi,

There are indeed some outlets near Paris. The best one for you and your wife would be IMO http://www.lavalleevillage.com/en_GB/cat/women

I have never been there with suburban train (RER) but it seems easily reachable.

It is really a great place to buy stuff at a bargain price.
Old Nov 6, 2009, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Bit further away but there are 4 places in Troyes which is somewhere east of Paris (not too far). Might be worth an overnight trip (nice Best Western in the historical centre of town). It was the seat of the Duchy of Champagne.

http://www.tourism-troyes.com/2/magusine.asp
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions
Old Nov 9, 2009, 7:18 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Does Baccarat still have a "seconds" house outside paris?
Anyother crystal/china manufacture's "seconds" stores nearby?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by bodory
Hi,

There are indeed some outlets near Paris. The best one for you and your wife would be IMO http://www.lavalleevillage.com/en_GB/cat/women

I have never been there with suburban train (RER) but it seems easily reachable.

It is really a great place to buy stuff at a bargain price.
It has been 2 years since I was at the Lavalle village shops. All items that I looked at cost at least 75% more that in US department stores. The dollar was not as low then as it is today! It was a nice mall to walk around. It has a pretty good cafeteria that serves some great french food.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Bit further away but there are 4 places in Troyes which is somewhere east of Paris (not too far). Might be worth an overnight trip (nice Best Western in the historical centre of town). It was the seat of the Duchy of Champagne.

http://www.tourism-troyes.com/2/magusine.asp

There are three magasins d'usines in Troyes IIRC, which takes about two hours from Paris to the southeast. Not too far but you need to pay toll on autoroute, or it will take longer on non-autoroute. Most people say it is not worth to go down there unless you are planning to spend at least a few hundred euros. Also, if you expect to shop at high-end brands, this is not the place to visit.

To the OP,
Note that there is "Marques Avenue" in Saint-Denis which is very close to Paris. I was planning to go there before leaving France last summer to get a Le Coq Sportif t-shirt. But then, I found out that the outlet is not easily accessible by public transportations. I guess the best way to access this outlet is to get off at RER B line Saint-Denis station, and catch a cab. But again, you would not get any high-end brands here.
Old Nov 12, 2009, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Actually between Italy & France, which one has better factory outlets to shop at...or is it to hard to compare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.