Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Miles on Codeshare CO with Cape Air?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2009, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Elite Plus, *A Gold Elite, American AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Platinum
Earning Miles on Codeshare CO with Cape Air?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Am currently FB Silver, but will make Gold next month. The question is when.

We are booked to fly ORD-IAH-SJU-STT with Continental. SJU-STT is operated by Cape Air. Continental frequent flyers get miles for the Cape Air sectors but I can't find anything about it on the Flying Blue pages.

Normally it wouldn't even occur to me but we previously flew with Alaska booked as part of a Delta itinerary and didn't get any miles because Alaska have no arrangement with Skyteam even though they are Delta partners.

The distance involved is small but the sectors are the important thing for me.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Shesells,

Since Cape Air is not a Skyteam partner, I would not think so.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:14 am

Programs: FB Gold, CO Gold, DC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold
Hi,

I did a sector last year SJU-STX with Cape Air and didn't receive any miles through FB, believe it would have been 500 miles with Onepass though, also did not count as a segment, but a very enjoyable little flight.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Old Aug 18, 2009, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Elite Plus, *A Gold Elite, American AAdvantage, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Platinum
Thanks for the replies!! It really frustrates me not to earn miles and status from codeshare flights! Still it just means I make Gold on my last flight of the trip rather than a week earlier. OH varies between Gold and Plat so am used to the "benefits" but am a little excited to make Elite Plus in my own right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.