Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

problem with Delta one-way ticket: 12.5K on search page but 25K on confirmation page

problem with Delta one-way ticket: 12.5K on search page but 25K on confirmation page

Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

I searched an one-way ticket from SFO-MIA on flying blue, which has the lowest award level on Delta.

the search page shows "Classic Award 12500 miles + 5 USD", however, after I clicked the "next, trip overview", the webpage says "Number of miles required 25000". There is a red sentence saying "Your Miles balance does not enable you to reserve an award ticket for this trip. Please modify your selection."

Does anyone know what happened here ?

Thanks,

Yi
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Why don't you call FB? Either it is a problem of availability (availability does not always update correctly so you may well see it as available for 12.5k while in fact there is no availability in that bucket but only in flex awards) or it is a system glitch. The FB people will be able to confirm exactly which it is.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 1:41 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
I have booked FB awards on Delta 3 times in these 4 months and every time (no exception) I had the same experience as you. I thing that they show on page 1 which tickets are available at a certain moment of the day (i.e. in the morning) and that page 2 is completely automatically (completely linked to the booking systems).

In my case I always check different dates, click through to page 2 and 3 to be sure of availability and which price it really is. As result I found one-way Delta tickets from SFO to europe for as low as 25000 miles and 16 (I flew one yesterday), although at page one that was not indicated as FB of course favors filling AF/KLM seats and making a profit out of us (klm/af seats are 25000 miles and 200+ ).

Advise: check a few days in a row as availability changes ( certainly on Delta which has a terrible booking system, check delta skymiles blog).
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by michael9
I have booked FB awards on Delta 3 times in these 4 months and every time (no exception) I had the same experience as you. I thing that they show on page 1 which tickets are available at a certain moment of the day (i.e. in the morning) and that page 2 is completely automatically (completely linked to the booking systems).

In my case I always check different dates, click through to page 2 and 3 to be sure of availability and which price it really is. As result I found one-way Delta tickets from SFO to europe for as low as 25000 miles and €16 (I flew one yesterday), although at page one that was not indicated as FB of course favors filling AF/KLM seats and making a profit out of us (klm/af seats are 25000 miles and €200+ ).

Advise: check a few days in a row as availability changes ( certainly on Delta which has a terrible booking system, check delta skymiles blog).
Are you saying that you used delta.dumb for searching award seat availability AND also for booking such a seat using your FB miles?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ajs123
Are you saying that you used delta.dumb for searching award seat availability AND also for booking such a seat using your FB miles?
you can use delta.dumb to search for available seats, but you need to use FB online or via phone to book. I'd call FB Canada to get the ticket issued for 12.5k miles and $.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Why don't you call FB? Either it is a problem of availability (availability does not always update correctly so you may well see it as available for 12.5k while in fact there is no availability in that bucket but only in flex awards) or it is a system glitch. The FB people will be able to confirm exactly which it is.
At that time, AF customer service was closed. I ended up calling their line in Asia and got the 12.5K price. The agent also waived the ticket fee.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Smile

Originally Posted by michael9

In my case I always check different dates, click through to page 2 and 3 to be sure of availability and which price it really is. As result I found one-way Delta tickets from SFO to europe for as low as 25000 miles and 16 (I flew one yesterday), although at page one that was not indicated as FB of course favors filling AF/KLM seats and making a profit out of us (klm/af seats are 25000 miles and 200+ ).

Thanks for your suggestions.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.