Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match again (Nordic countries only)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Status Match again (Nordic countries only)

http://statusmatch.campaignafklm.com/dk/
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: ❶❷ ใจ ± ♪♪♪ 7ľł © ™
How often do these come around? (roughly)
Old Jan 22, 2013, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
This is only the second blanket status match campaign (there have been other additional more limited ones in the past, focused on certain territories and/or targeting particular airlines), the first being almost 2 years ago:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...tus-match.html

It seems, however, on closer inspection that this is a Danish initiative (see the "dk" in the URL provided) - although there is no indication that the offer is limited only to Danish residents, I wonder how, in effect, it will actually pan out for people applying from other countries. Removing the "/dk" from the URL, and going to the main website gives an error. Substituting in other countries - such as us, de, uk - gives an error.

It also works, however, for the following countries, so it appears to be focused on Scandinavia alone:

Sweden - se
Norway - no
Finland - fi

Last edited by irishguy28; Jan 22, 2013 at 4:03 am
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I applied with a Dutch adress... We'll see.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 4:57 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Interesting:

Gold Members of any alliance programme can now become Gold Members of Flying Blue
Does this mean that they will match intra-alliance?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Thanks for posting.
There is no T&C specific for this offer (that I could find). I cant even find a link from the AF.dk website. Can anyone find it. In the old blanket status match, they indicated what another airline status translated into FB status. Here, they just mention Gold, probably having in mind *A Gold because of SAS. What if OW?
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
I applied with a Dutch adress... We'll see.
May I ask how you upload your membership card to their website? I tried uploading a pdf file from my desktop, but it turned into a strange "c://falsepath" thing on the status match webpage.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
Thanks for posting.
There is no T&C specific for this offer (that I could find). I cant even find a link from the AF.dk website. Can anyone find it. In the old blanket status match, they indicated what another airline status translated into FB status. Here, they just mention Gold, probably having in mind *A Gold because of SAS. What if OW?

Will someone with AA Gold (OW Ruby) get FB Gold
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oatsmeal
May I ask how you upload your membership card to their website? I tried uploading a pdf file from my desktop, but it turned into a strange "c://falsepath" thing on the status match webpage.
I uploaded a JPG file and it worked. Let's see the result
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
This does not make sense. In some alliances/airlines, Gold is the lowest category. Won't they rather match a higher status person? Also, some programms don't offer gold but rather Elite/ElitePlus. Will they be excluded?

I also think, largely because of the margin wherein 'false/unwanted' applications can be entered, this offer will not last until May 30th.

I am also curious if they match Skyteam Golds. I sure hope so.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:46 am

I uploaded a JPG file and it worked. Let's see the result
I just tried uploading a JPG file, but got the same strange result: "C:\fakepath\membership card.jpg". Thanks anyways!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just tried uploading a JPG file, but got the same strange result: "C:\fakepath\membership card.jpg". Thanks anyways!
I used Mozilla Firefox if it helps. You might also want to clear the history of your browser.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:36 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
I did this with my TK elite plus *A gold, account registered in the US. Next page said I am now FB Gold but not showing up in my FB account so we'll see what really happens.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:49 am

I used Mozilla Firefox if it helps. You might also want to clear the history of your browser.
Thanks brunos, I used Safari and it works!
Old Jan 22, 2013, 6:49 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
This is a HTML5 "feature", or rather, backwards compatibility. The main problem here is the website not handling specific browsers correctly. You can get around this by trying another browser - Either Chrome or Firefox does not have this issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.