Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue
Reload this Page >

Flying Blue Gold/Platinum (ST E+) banned from using Aeroflot Lounges?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2012, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Recently, I was told an e-mail was sent out to OK+ Gold and Platinum members stating that due to some internal dispute. OK+ Gold and FB Gold members (and allegedly other ST E+ members as well) are no longer welcome to use the Aeroflot Lounges at Moscow. I am not sure whether this is just a rumor or if it's actually true? Have anyone of you heard more of this perhaps?
Old Sep 2, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...light=aeroflot
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/skyte...-benefits.html
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:50 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Just typical illogical Russian thinking

Recently I flew SU in Business International and ST E+ at the same time. I was given lounge access I guess based on my J-ticket. I was issued a lounge pass into one of the dingy lounge in Terminal F. I wanted to move to the slightly newer lounge at Terminal D (Aeroflot owned lounge). However, I got into a dispute with the lounge dragon that admitted that it was an Aeroflot lounge, a Skyteam lounge BUT since my flight was departing from Terminal F, I was denied access! I could have stayed to argue, but knowing that I was in Russia, I bit my tongue and held back from continuing the discussion.

I do not know what is wrong with SU's ground service, but it is clear that they are still operating in the 80's mentality. In the air, service has improved dramatically, it is just hell and heaven.

Cheers!
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: flying blue platinum aeroflot gold china airlines gold SPG platinum
Wow thats quite a long walk from terminal f to terminal d and back to catch your flight in terminal F must have had a long transit time or you was at the airport really early.
I remember they had a list of cards thats eligible for entry unless you used the printed lounge card that comes with your boarding pass.
I remember 3-4 years ago when i flew SVO-HKG terminal F( terminal 2 they used to call it )there was 3 different lounges one for Aeroflot members (second floor)the other for korean air(outsourced) (Ground Floor) and another for air france klm (outsourced) (second floor)
I tried the korean air one as it was better and they said no go to the aeroflot lounge one floor up.
To be fair it was a privately owned LLC that operated the lounge on behalf of Korean air and I think the airline pays them per guest.
That could be the reason here why you were denied access
I flew HKG-SVO they made me use the Cathay Pacific Lounge when SU had a code share with CX.
AFKLM woulnt let me into theirs in HKG until I Showed them FB card.
Now Aeroflot uses travellers Lounge (outsourced) and i coulnt gain entry with FB or aeroflot as my flight was with china airlines.
I did get into the korean air lounge and china airlines lounge though with fb and aeroflot gold I guess because its actually airline owned and operated.
Hope this Helps I dont think the Lounge is Owned by Aeroflot in Terminal D
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: flying blue platinum aeroflot gold china airlines gold SPG platinum
I think its a daughter company officially but in russia it happens alot just like the flying blue guy at AMS they are a seperate company and their uniform is actually rented from KLM
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:54 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by antonskyteam
Wow thats quite a long walk from terminal f to terminal d and back to catch your flight in terminal F must have had a long transit time or you was at the airport really early.
I dont think the Lounge is Owned by Aeroflot in Terminal D
Yes I did.. All due to Aeroflot's own fault, I had a changeable ticket, but to change it to the earlier flight I had to do it visit the ticket office on the other side = visa needed.
I did ask at the lounge if it was an Aeroflot and Skyteam lounge, both affirmative by the lounge dragon. Still no go. I know those in Terminal F and E are none Aeroflot lounge, but those in D I believe they are owned by them. If you look up for these ST lounges on the ST website, at D, they have 3.
http://www.skyteam.com/en/your-trip/...ional-Airport/

Cheers!
Old Oct 22, 2012, 9:10 am

Found something:

**The lounges access is not provided for Platinum/Gold OK Plus members who travel with Aeroflot in Economy class.

According to AirFrance/KLM policy Platinum/Gold Flying members who travel on Aeroflot flights in Economy class have a restricted access to the lounges in the Russian Federation and CIS only in case the flight is code-shared with AirFrance/KLM, Tarom, AirEuropa, Kenya Airways and Aeroflot. This restriction is not spread on flights operated from the Sheremetyevo hub.
http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/afl_bonus/gold_to_flight

UPD. I have also read original in Russian and can tell that the translation into English is far from perfect.

Here is my version:
**The lounges access is temporarily not provided for Platinum/Gold OK Plus members who travel with Aeroflot in Economy class.

Due to AirFrance/KLM policy Platinum/Gold Flying Blue members travelling on Aeroflot flights in Economy class, only have access to the lounges in the Russian Federation and CIS in case the flight is code-shared between Aeroflot and AirFrance/KLM, Tarom, AirEuropa or Kenya Airways. This restriction is not applied to flights operated from the Sheremetyevo hub.

Last edited by dimitriyremerov; Oct 22, 2012 at 9:23 am
Old Aug 21, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, DL SM
Anyone know if this is still an issue? Specifically for FB Gold? I have a long layover at SVO coming up and am dreading the potential altercation with the SU lounge dragon..
Old Aug 21, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Just flew with Aeroflot last week out of SVO and gold got me into the lounge. Nothing to write home about in terms of food or comfort, but ok for a couple of hours
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:32 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, FlyingBlue Platinum

Could not use the normal SU lounge at SVO two weeks ago on a KL flight but was given access to a contract lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
I had no issues using a lounge at SVO (no idea if it was a SU lounge or a contract one) while flying SU while being FB Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.