Do we get any miles for AF bus trip Ottawa-YUL ?

Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Do we get any miles for AF bus trip Ottawa-YUL ?

The title says everything. AF and KL serve Ottawa through a coach service from YUL, in connection with flights to/from CDG/AMS. This "segment" has an AF (or KL) flight number. You don't get a BP (at least from Ottawa where the driver is ticking your name on a pax list). The miles for the flight YUL-CDG have posted correctly but there is nothing for the Ottawa-YUL.
Do we get miles for this ? And if yes, is it eligible to retroclaim online (I hope as I don't have any BP, just my e-ticket receipt mentioning this leg) ?
Thank you
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:42 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
I believe reading on the AFKL travel agent's website that you need to retro-claim to get those miles as they do not post automatically.

Have you given FB a call yet?

Gajan
Old Jun 18, 2012, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Gajan
I believe reading on the AFKL travel agent's website that you need to retro-claim to get those miles as they do not post automatically.

Have you given FB a call yet?

Gajan
Thank you Gajan
No, not yet. This trip was last thursday. The miles for YUL-CDG were posted on saturday. So it's very recent and I'm going to wait a few days before contacting FB. But I wanted to know first if this segment was eligible for miles, and I understand from your answer that it is.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
On AF website you have a mile finder:

CDG-YUL earns 3436 EQM in eco (100%)
CDG-YOW earns 3520 EQM in eco (100%)

So you earn 84 EQM for YUL-YOW in eco (100%)
Old Jun 19, 2012, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by delanotre
On AF website you have a mile finder:

CDG-YUL earns 3436 EQM in eco (100%)
CDG-YOW earns 3520 EQM in eco (100%)

Waouhhhh
I was probably naive to think that the minimum of 500 miles was applicable here !
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:55 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
The good point, I guess, is that you will probably also get a qualifying segment. Which is worth a lot more than 84 miles
Old Jun 23, 2012, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Gajan
Originally Posted by delanotre
So I'm pleased to inform you that this "flight" finally posted automatically
And earning is 750 EQM ^

AF 7114 ZRR YMQ Y 100 % 750
BONUS DE MILES SPECIAL ELITE 100% 750

Originally Posted by Xandrios
The good point, I guess, is that you will probably also get a qualifying segment. Which is worth a lot more than 84 miles
Yes. It counts also as a qualifying segment
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
Originally Posted by Goldorak
And earning is 750 EQM ^
^ Great!
So AF (and KL) website miles finder is wrong...(for YOW-CDG versus YMQ-CDG)

... And different also if you type Ottawa-YMQ : 500 EQM !!

Nevertheless ZRR code does not exist for GDS only XDS (Ottawa Railway Station ON CA)...

Last edited by delanotre; Jun 23, 2012 at 4:03 am Reason: XDS
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
And earning is 750 EQM ^

AF 7114 ZRR YMQ Y 100 % 750
BONUS DE MILES SPECIAL ELITE 100% 750

Given the chart in the next post, I don't understand how you got 750 status miles for what I'm reading as a Y (coach) fare. It looks to me like only one of the higher business class fares should get 750, although 750 redeemable miles is possible dpending on fare class and elite leve.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Given the chart in the next post, I don't understand how you got 750 status miles for what I'm reading as a Y (coach) fare. It looks to me like only one of the higher business class fares should get 750, although 750 redeemable miles is possible dpending on fare class and elite leve.
I don't know but what is sure is that this chart is not accurate. This is a bus service so there is no business or first class. So the mileages indicated are probably as inaccurate as the other information.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I presume that the business and first class apply to the fare class, not any sort of cabin class. If your ongoing ticket is business, it's probably cheaper to ticket the bus with a through business class fare rather than breaking the fare to write the bus segment in coach. The same thing happens with some RJ connections.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I don't know but what is sure is that this chart is not accurate. This is a bus service so there is no business or first class. So the mileages indicated are probably as inaccurate as the other information.
No the chart is not AF-specific and I think that this time it simply 'assumes' a non-AF flight (e.g. DL) which would have a 500 miles minimum. By contrast, as you have the AF code, the minimum is 750. Of course we all know that AF 'domestic' has a minimum 100% mileage of 500, but Air France not being Franco-centric 'pour un sou' only conceives domestic flights as flights within France. So for instance, an AF by Cityjet LCY-EDI also gives you 750 miles.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
No the chart is not AF-specific and I think that this time it simply 'assumes' a non-AF flight (e.g. DL) which would have a 500 miles minimum. By contrast, as you have the AF code, the minimum is 750. Of course we all know that AF 'domestic' has a minimum 100% mileage of 500, but Air France not being Franco-centric 'pour un sou' only conceives domestic flights as flights within France. So for instance, an AF by Cityjet LCY-EDI also gives you 750 miles.
I think you're having the good explanation Orbitmic
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
So for instance, an AF by Cityjet LCY-EDI also gives you 750 miles.
Ah, but LCY and EDI are in different countries!

Having said that, every DL domestic I've taken as a KL or AF codeshare has posted 750 too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.