Search

2016 Dahl Fund Gala: A Celebration of Heroes 10 Sept

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:40 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
2016 Dahl Fund Gala: A Celebration of Heroes 10 Sept

The Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund will host a gala event from 5 to 10 pm on Saturday, September 10, 2016 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel Ballroom in Denver, Colorado.

All Gala proceeds to support the 9/11 funds established to honor the pilots of United 93 and 175 – Captain Jason M. Dahl, Captain Victor J. Saracini, First Officer LeRoy W. Homer, and First Officer Michael Horrocks.

Captain Al Haynes will be the featured speaker. Cap Haynes was at the controls of United Flight 232 (Sioux City, Iowa 1989). The entire Flight 232 crew will be the Dahl Fund’s guests.

Each year the Dahl Fund awards aviation scholarships to bright young aspiring pilots in memory of Jason Dahl. Captain Dahl was the pilot of United Flight 93 on 9/11/2001.

Tickets are available at the Dahl Fund.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'm bumping this up because it is such a worthy cause. FTers have given generously which has helped aspiring pilots pay for part of their training.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

great cause! thanks Pat89339 for continuing to post events.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I'm bumping this up because it is such a worthy cause. FTers have given generously which has helped aspiring pilots pay for part of their training.
FT raised more than $78,000 in threads here alone!
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:42 pm

A sincere thanks to all the Flyer Talkers who have supported the Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship. At this years Gala on Sept. 10th in DEN, Capt. Al Haynes of United 232 will be telling his story publically for the final time.

If you can't make the event we have a couple ways that you can be involved. Go to dahlfund.org and sponsor a scholarship winner and his parent by purchasing their ticket. 1 ticket is $93 or 2 for $175. Option two is to go to dahlfund.org and make a monthly $1 donation. We call this program Just A Buck. If we can just get 1% of Flyer Talkers to sign up for this program we would be able to increase our yearly scholarships.

Yes you heard right I am retired and busy on my hobby farm in Ohio. For the last 25 years we have been a rescuing neglected or abused farm animals. You can find us on facebook under FarmFlanagan.

Hope to see you in DEN on Sept 10th.

One last thing. If you have an item that we could raffle please let me know. We are in need of more items besides the simulator time United gave us.

Capt. Denny
area code three three zero
Number four seven two three one four six

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 5, 2016 at 11:18 am Reason: Make it slightly harder for spiders to harvest, etc.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 1:43 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, with those dates it leaves me out of attending the gala (I'd have loved hearing Capt. Haynes), but you can count on me for a contribution to this great cause!

Great to see what you have been up to for 25 years. A far better way of buying the farm for a pilot... and another really good cause.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 12:14 am

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
Trying to give the thread a bump.

But also at the same time, I am trying to actively trade my shift off, or get a vacation day assigned to the day so I may attend. Would love to attend and somehow try to be a little more involved for the cause. Hopefully, I may get the chance to attend once again and get to be involved more than just donations.

Cle2Den
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:34 am

I'm looking forward to the event and to hearing Captain Haynes speak. Any other FTers going?
Old Sep 5, 2016, 2:06 pm

Just bought tickets!

Hi Capt. Denny, Pat, Kurt (and everyone) - just bought tkts for this for my son, Braden and I (we also attended the retirement dinner in SEA) (Braden is an aspiring pilot, so anything aviation-oriented I try to expose him to, I do!) - very much looking forward to Capt. Haynes's speech Saturday night. If any more auction items are needed, we can offer up a free weekend stay in our vacation rental condo in Mammoth that could be raffled off (valued at $400ish?) - we are fortunate to own it and use it ourselves as a family too, and often donate time in it for charity events and for our kids' teachers as a thank you too. Please have someone message me if they are interested in including it for the raffle -- travelnso at gmail.

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 6:45 pm

Location: The counter of lost hopes and dreams, and for the creation of new ones in DEN
Programs: MP Rehab... or something like that...
Enjoy the evening all. One of my coworkers is there attending, but sadly I could not get the night off to attend myself.

Cle2Den

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.