Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

Please vote for the Samaritans [voting over 2012, but...]

Old Oct 22, 2012, 4:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?

The Samaritans - a UK based, non-religous charity which supports people in crisis, particularly those feeling despair or suicidal feelings - has been nominated as one of five charities which could benefit from fundraising at Scottish Premier League Football matches in early December. This is a great opportunity - not just to raise funds for the Scottish based branches, but also to raise awareness of what we do with a group which, in Scotland, have the highest suicide rate - young men aged between 25 - 50.

Please help us raise funds and bring awareness of what we do to a group which is at risk, but is often unaware of that by voting for us here

http://weatherseal-charity.co.uk/

If you wish to donate to our services, then here's the link for my branch, the Edinburgh and the Lothians Samaritans https://edisamaritans.workwithus.org

Thanks

(and here's more about who we are and what we do http://www.samaritans.org )
Scottish registered charities: SCR009843 and SC040604 (Samaritans in Scotland) and SC00006778 (Edinburgh & the Lothians Samaritans). UK registered charity 219432.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Your vote for Samaritans Scotland has been successfully registered. Good luck; Samaritans is a most worthy organisation, though I must disclose I have been involved in suicide prevention for over 40 years now, so I may be a bit biased, as I am toward certain products of the Scottish islands of Islay and Jura.

Voting closes on Sunday 28th October at 23:59 with the winning charity being revealed on Monday 12th November.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 6:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Hey, I am unashamedly biased too I haven't done this for 40 years (^ to you), but I have for 4 now.

And good point on the closing date
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:04 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
done!

good luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.