Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

The Wheelchair Foundation - free wheelchairs needs votes 6 - 19 Sep for grant $$

The Wheelchair Foundation - free wheelchairs needs votes 6 - 19 Sep for grant $$

Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis

The Wheelchair Foundation is a division of Global Health and Education Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable foundation. USA Federal Tax ID #94-3353881.

The Wheelchair Foundation is a non-profit organization with a goal to provide a free wheelchair to every child, teen and adult worldwide who needs one, but has no means to acquire one. 907,949 wheelchairs have been delivered to date.

MISSION AND FAQ

Member AussieOzzie shares the following:

MY REQUEST FOR YOUR HELP

I am a Chase Bank customer and also a financial supporter of The Wheelchair Foundation of Danville, California.

Each year, Chase has a Community Giving program where they allow banking clients to nominate eligible 501(c) 3 charities to share in a $5 million pool of money to support their causes.

This year I nominated The Wheelchair Foundation and as of this moment it appears that they met the criteria to reach the voting phase; wherein Chase customers and the public can vote for their favorite charity on Facebook. The top 196 charities will receive cash grants in proportion to the number of votes they receive on Facebook; hence the need to rally as many votes as possible.

The Wheelchair Foundation and as of this moment it appears that they met the criteria to reach the voting phase; wherein Chase customers and the public can vote for their favorite charity on Facebook. The top 196 charities will receive cash grants in proportion to the number of votes they receive on Facebook; hence the need to rally as many votes as possible.

It is my sincere hope to solicit the voting power of my fellow FlyerTalkers to vote for The Wheelchair Foundation from September 6th to 19th. Every $150 that The Wheelchair Foundation secures will provide a free all-terrain wheelchair for someone in need around the world.

I believe it is easiest to simply provide you with links to all of the relevant web pages for your review and consideration. You will find all of them below my signature.

There is no money being requested, just a couple clicks of the mouse to vote (and hopefully enable grant moneys). Simple and easy. It would also be cool if FT’ers who vote could post a reply saying yes they voted. (To vote, please use the link below - September 6 through September 19, 2012)

VOTE at Facebook Chase Community Giving page: http://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommuni...p_162065369655
Vote for the GLOBAL HEALTH AND EDUCATION FOUNDATION, of which The Wheelchair Foundation is a division.

My sincere thanks for your kind time and help.

- AO
CONTACTS:
The Wheelchair Foundation
(division of The Global Health and Education Foundation)
3820 Blackhawk Road
Danville, California 94506, USA

Call Us Toll-Free: 877.378.3839
North America: +1.925.736.8234
FAX: +1.925.648.0163

Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/wheelchairfoundation

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 6, 2012 at 8:50 pm Reason: edit / format
Old Sep 4, 2012, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Also from AussieOzzie

VOTING INSTRUCTIONS for CHASE COMMUNITY GIVING GRANT SEP 6 - 19 2012:

1) Go to: http://www.facebook.com/ChaseCommuni...p_162065369655

2) In the search field type: GLOBAL HEALTH AND EDUCATION FOUNDATION

34 Enable the app (the first time you vote) and sign in

4) Submit your vote on the page that appears.

Everyone gets 2 votes to use on Facebook—plus a bonus vote for sharing a link.

NOTE: You can’t use both votes on the same charity, but there are thousands to pick from, so search for another charity you like.

- You can earn an extra vote by sharing a link from the Chase Community Giving app to your Facebook timeline. If one of your friends links back to the Chase Community Giving app and casts a vote of their own, You’ll earn an extra vote to use on the charity of your choice.

As a special thanks, Chase customers will have 2 extra votes.

To use your Chase customer appreciation votes:

1) go to http://www.Chase.com/ChaseGiving and Log In to your Chase account

2) search charities and cast your ballots!

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 6, 2012 at 8:51 pm Reason: edit
Old Sep 6, 2012, 12:38 pm

Programs: Lufthansa, United, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
Voting Portals Overloaded - Try Again In A Day or Two

Hello Everyone:

Thank you for your interest in supporting this great charity.

Like JDiver, I haven't been able to vote yet and can only attribute it to Chase's Giving Grant websites being overloaded with activity on Day 1 of the campaign.

Please do put this voting activity on your To Do list for a couple of days from now and check back. Hopefully all will be working properly by then.

I'll do the same and let you know if I have any success.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,

- AO
Old Sep 6, 2012, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Boom! It's working and I voted. ^ It costs nothing and it encourages Chase to give this worthy organization one of their grants.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: Lufthansa, United, Hilton, Marriott, Hyatt
All Systems Go! VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

Good News! I just voted and everything worked fine ^

Everyone Go For It and VOTE!

Thanks

- AO
Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:22 pm
Community Director Emerita

I voted and allowed the link to my FB page, which I rarely do, so that I could have a 2nd vote for this organization.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.