Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

Sad news about Sandy Dahl, widow of Captain Dahl (dendahl1 on FT)

Old May 25, 2012, 11:21 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

There's very sad news from Denver today. Sandy Dahl, widow of Captain Dahl, has passed away. The Dahl Scholarship fund is a cause that FTers faithfully support. Captain Dahl piloted the plane that crashed into the Pennsylvania field on 9/11. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and those who knew and loved Sandy.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; May 26, 2012 at 9:35 pm
Old May 26, 2012, 12:14 am
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There's very sad news from Denver today. Sandy Dahl, widow of Captain Dahl, has passed away. The Dahl Scholarship fund is a cause that FTers faithfully support. Captain Dahl piloted one of the planes that flew into the World Trade Center on 9/11. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and those who knew and loved Sandy.

So sad to hear of this news. I actually just rediscovered my United 93 bracelet deep down in one of my drawers this morning, what a bizarre and sad coincidence. My condolences to Sandy's family and friends.
Old May 26, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Sincere condolences to those friends and family who have lost another one they love. RIP Sandy & Jason.
Old May 26, 2012, 10:57 am
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

From Captain Denny on behalf of the Dahl Scholarship Fund:

It is with a deep sense of sadness that the Captain Jason M. Dahl Scholarship Fund announces the passing of Jasons widow Sandra Dahl. Sandy passed away in her sleep this morning from natural causes near Denver Colorado. Sandy was instrumental in the creation of the Dahl Fund following the tragic events of 9-11, and her guiding light will be missed. The thoughts and prayers of the Dahl Fund go out to Sandys friends and family at this very difficult time in their life.

Capt Denny
Old May 26, 2012, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
My thoughts are with the Dahl family & friends this Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited by pshuang; May 31, 2012 at 9:54 pm Reason: Add photo.
Old May 26, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
My thoughts and prayers with Sandy Dahl's family, friends, and dedicated fellows supporting the charity and scholarship
Old May 27, 2012, 9:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
There's very sad news from Denver today. Sandy Dahl, widow of Captain Dahl, has passed away. The Dahl Scholarship fund is a cause that FTers faithfully support. Captain Dahl piloted the plane that crashed into the Pennsylvania field on 9/11. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and those who knew and loved Sandy.
I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts & prayers go out to her family and friends.
Old May 27, 2012, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA,SPG,Carlson,Hertz
My condolences to Sandy's family and friends.

RIP
Old May 27, 2012, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/members/dendahl1.html
Old May 27, 2012, 5:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
My condolences to friends and family of Capt. Jason Dahl and of Sandy. She did some amazing and effective work in memory of Jason and the others who lost their lives.
Old May 28, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund
Sandy Dahl

On behalf of family,friends and the Capt Dahl Fund,

We thank you for your kind thoughts.

David
Old May 30, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Arrow Sandy Dahl Memorial Service - June 2, 2012

I talked with pilotddd (aka Captain Dave) and he asked me to pass the following information along to Flyertalkers regarding Sandy's memorial service:

When: Saturday, June 2, 2012 at 1:00PM
Where: Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints, 7471 Timberline Road, Lone Tree, Colorado 80124

All are welcome to attend, but out of respect to Sandy Dahl's family and friends, no media will be allowed inside the church.

Further information regarding where sympathy cards can be sent is on the Dahlfund website: http://dahlfund.org/?p=844
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that contributions be made to the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund in Sandy's memory.
Old May 30, 2012, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
I just heard this...how sad.

She was always so appreciative of our efforts for the scholarship fund. Very sad indeed.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:33 am
Commander Catcop

My condolences to the Dahl family!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 9:49 am

Autopsy reveals Sandy Dahl dies of a broken heart. Okay so that is not exactly what the article said but it's probably what led to the circumstances that caused her death.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.