Wiki Posts
Search

Request for Your Support: Alzheimer's Walk - 2011 Capital Region

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2011, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Request for Your Support: Alzheimer's Walk - 2011 Capital Region

Fellow FlyerTalk Members,

This Saturday, September 24th, I will be walking in the 2011 Capital Region Walk to End Alzheimers. The Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimers is the largest event to raise awareness (and money) for Alzheimers care, support and outreach. For more information about Alzheimer's Disease...you can read the Wikipedia article, or read more on the Alzheimer's Association website.

I am walking as I currently have a family member dealing with Alzheimers...and I know too many other families that struggle with this disease on a daily basis. As Alzheimers is studied, researchers are finding more ways to both detect the disease and care for those who are suffering from it.

I am kindly asking FlyerTalkers who can to contribute to my walk this Saturday. Every donation counts, and the money is given directly to the Alzheimer's Association via a secure online donation page.

My walk page is http://capitalregionalzwalk.kintera.org/chrislacey

In full disclosure, every person who walks, and gets a total donation of at least $100, gets a free t-shirt which I will happily donate to a great local charity here in Troy, NY. As far as I know...there are no other benefits to raising a lot of money other than a warm and fuzzy feeling knowing that the money is going to a great cause.

Thanks FlyerTalkers!
Chris

Note: FlyerTalk Moderators have approved my request to start this thread.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Chris, I'm supporting your efforts as you're a friend and I am also fully supportive of this cause.

We're moving the thread over to our new FlyerTalk Cares Forum.

Best of luck on the fund-raiser!

Cholula
Community-Buzz Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.