Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2011, 4:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Pat89339
Welcome to FlyerTalk Capt Denny!
Agreed 1,000,000% ^^^
Old Aug 27, 2011, 5:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
so we are 20% there!

Originally Posted by Capt Denny
Donations just Quadruuuuuupled since this morning. We are now at $1025.

Thanks to all of you. More to follow.

Capt Denny
Let's get kickin, folks!

As the beneficiary of several scholarships funding my graduate career right now, I know how important it is for deserving students to get the funds they need.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 8:26 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Shoot, if we were able to quadruple contributions in one day, we should be able to quintuple them easily now - once the week begins and we have more action on FT! squeakr, go wake those Hilton guests UP in that Forum of yours.

Folks, as a (currently inactive) pilot, I can tell you this is a great offer - you won't otherwise have many (if any!) opportunities to fly in a North American T-6 "Texan" anytime soon, never mind give someone the opportunity to fly for a living while trying for this - and I can promise you you will have over 100 chances to win because of the current "will donate on" from several of us.

This was an advanced trainer during WW II and after for USAF, USN (as SN-J) and UK Commonwealth (as the "Harvard"). Harvard was never this cheap!

Originally Posted by squeakr
Let's get kickin, folks!

As the beneficiary of several scholarships funding my graduate career right now, I know how important it is for deserving students to get the funds they need.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 2:43 am

Programs: UA LTG QF LTG/P1 NZ*E
Contributed but probably not able to make the ride (and i'm a dead cert to win it!)

Jeff!

Last edited by jswong; Aug 28, 2011 at 3:12 am
Old Aug 28, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Radia...15308101897979
143/224

$1475/$5000

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 29, 2011 at 6:31 pm
Old Aug 28, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: LH SEN
I was quite suprised to receive a donation from Dublin. Thanks aidanc. My family is from Cork and my wifes family is from Kilfree in County Sligo. We took the whole family, 44 of us, there last summer.
FT does exist in some of the other corners of the world Such a donation should not warrant thanks or even a mention. I believe you guys and the scholarship are worth it.

Helping others is a great spirit of the community here on FT.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 6:54 pm

My life like all others have a history. I was a student at Kent State University when four students were killed protesting the Vietnam war. I joined the United States Navy and retired after 20 years. During that time we remembered the sailors every year that lost their lives during the attack at Pearl Harbor. Now I am at United Airlines and witnessed the loss of my fellow employees during terrorist attacks..

May 4th, December 7th and September 11th are all tragedies that have impacted my life. I am personally involved in the Capt Jason Dahl Scholarship and can promise you that your support will make a difference in the future of these aviators. I will also promise you that I will mentor these young men and women who enter your airline world to provide a customer oriented service which you deserve.

Capt Denny
Old Aug 28, 2011, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Capt Denny,

Welcome to Flyertalk. ^ Donation made. Quick and easy.
Sometime in June 2012, you're invited as my guest on BRT 12 (Brooklyn Reality Tour). I'd be happy to have you join us as my guest; along with 24 other Flyertalkers, as we eat our way through Brooklyn circa 1969.

As my friend SkiAdcock said, $5000 is our minimum goal.

Dan
Old Aug 29, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K MM, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Capt Denny,

Welcome to FlyerTalk - glad to see you here and look forward to the time when you're flying the aircraft I'm riding

Donation (nice & easy) made and agree that $5K is a baseline goal for this community.

-Kent
Old Aug 29, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Welcome aboard FT & just donated! Seeing the tribute in the captain lounge at IAD made an impact.

-Aaron
Old Aug 29, 2011, 7:07 am

Thank you all for your warm welcomes. I am off to ORD FLT 616 from SFO. No RCC for me and I received an upgrade with a panoramic view.

Total donations as of this morning $1475. Thank you for your support.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM/1K, HH Diamond
I'm in ^

It's a pleasure to contribute to such a worthy cause!
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. I am off to ORD FLT 616 from SFO. No RCC for me and I received an upgrade with a panoramic view.

Total donations as of this morning $1475. Thank you for your support.
Welcome to Flyertalk!

If you want "in" to the RCC, you need to post your itinerary in the UA/RCC Meetups thread, with a request to be guested in.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...up-thread.html
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:45 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM Flier, SPG Plt, Hilton Dia
Lightbulb

A couple things to point out in addition to some of the excellent points that have been mentioned upthread regarding the Dahlfund:

@:-) The Dahlfund is a 501(c)(3) organization.

@:-) Check with your employer to see if they do matching donations and, if so, whether your donation to Dahlfund will qualify for a match.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by cawhite
A couple things to point out in addition to some of the excellent points that have been mentioned upthread regarding the Dahlfund:

@:-) The Dahlfund is a 501(c)(3) organization.

@:-) Check with your employer to see if they do matching donations and, if so, whether your donation to Dahlfund will qualify for a match.
Very good point!

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.