Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 3:25 pm
In memoriam

Programs: QF WP & AA EXP
Second donation to an awesome cause has been made! ^
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Capt Denny

Total donations as of this morning $1475. Thank you for your support.
Glad to hear it! Also at 141 LIKEs on the Facebook page. Thank you all soo much for your support and donations.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:41 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by cawhite
A couple things to point out in addition to some of the excellent points that have been mentioned upthread regarding the Dahlfund:

@:-) The Dahlfund is a 501(c)(3) organization.

@:-) Check with your employer to see if they do matching donations and, if so, whether your donation to Dahlfund will qualify for a match.
Had a donation from an employee of Microsoft and found out that they have a matching donation program. If your company matches the donation and it is approved then your chances for the T-6 ride just doubled.

Capt Denny
Old Aug 30, 2011, 6:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Had a donation from an employee of Microsoft and found out that they have a matching donation program. If your company matches the donation and it is approved then your chances for the T-6 ride just doubled.

Capt Denny
Yes, except for those of us with companies who do all of their matching donations at the end of the year.

My donation is coming one of these days. I will probably sneak it in right at the last minute.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:37 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by kipper
Yes, except for those of us with companies who do all of their matching donations at the end of the year.

My donation is coming one of these days. I will probably sneak it in right at the last minute.
In the time you took to post, you could have done the donation. No need to wait until the last minute for donations or 'likes'.

Cheers.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
In the time you took to post, you could have done the donation. No need to wait until the last minute for donations or 'likes'.

Cheers.
LOL, as far as likes, some of us cannot access facebook from work. As far as donations, perhaps some of us have other reasons to spend money before that. Some of us may have just found out last night that we're getting a steal of a deal on a VIS-35 Radom three-lever, and have been drooling over adding any type of VIS-35 to the collection for several years, so we're doing that first.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some of us cannot access facebook from work
and some of us dont use facebook

steal of a deal on a VIS-35 Radom three-lever, and have been drooling over adding any type of VIS-35 to the collection for several years

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 31, 2011 at 3:29 pm
Old Aug 30, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This is actually not the official thread for the FB like, but as long as we're on the topic.

I don't use FB but know others who do, so - I emailed them & suggested if they were interested in helping the cause that they 'like' the appropriate thingy (note the tech term there). My way of contributing. Others might want to do the same.

But kipper mentioned earlier in either this thread or another one for someone to 'remind' her to do the like thing. My reply is you're on both threads enough, remind yourself . Some ways to do so would be to send an email to your home email, put one of those rubber bandy things around your wrist to remind yourself, call a relative or the hubby & ask them/him to do so, write yourself a post-it note & put it on your home computer, on the bathroom mirror, etc - you get the idea.

Re: when to contribute - people should contribute when & how they can. Donations count through Sept 10th. Well they count anyway, but count towards FT through then. In addition to donating myself, I will again send out emails to those I think might be interested in donating in hopes of winning the 'ride', or those who would just like to donate in memory of Jason Dahl.

Cheers.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 9:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

Re: when to contribute - people should contribute when & how they can. Donations count through Sept 10th. Well they count anyway, but count towards FT through then. In addition to donating myself, I will again send out emails to those I think might be interested in donating in hopes of winning the 'ride', or those who would just like to donate in memory of Jason Dahl.
Glad that I already made my contribution. Not that I wouldn't want to correspond with you.
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Not to be maudlin....

Although I am a student with an unemployed spouse and so only can make one donation, if I could, I would make a donation in memory of each friend I or my family lost on September 11. If any of you lost loved ones that day, and have extra resources, please consider doing something similar.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Radia...15308101897979
152/224

$1475/$5000

and some of us dont use facebook

This is true. And it's raining old firearms apparently...
This is actually not the official thread for the FB like, but as long as we're on the topic.

I don't use FB but know others who do, so - I emailed them & suggested if they were interested in helping the cause that they 'like' the appropriate thingy (note the tech term there). My way of contributing. Others might want to do the same.

But kipper mentioned earlier in either this thread or another one for someone to 'remind' her to do the like thing. My reply is you're on both threads enough, remind yourself . Some ways to do so would be to send an email to your home email, put one of those rubber bandy things around your wrist to remind yourself, call a relative or the hubby & ask them/him to do so, write yourself a post-it note & put it on your home computer, on the bathroom mirror, etc - you get the idea.

Cheers.
I may be on the threads periodically, but that doesn't mean I think of it when I'm able to access facebook.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 11:40 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC

Capt Denny
I just forwarded this thread to a mailing list for pilots @ Microsoft. Hopefully they'll step up and help fill the pot, although I still hope that I win in their place.
Old Aug 31, 2011, 2:18 pm

Hey All,
Captain Denny just called and asked me to post the latest:

$2,225 as of this afternoon - WAY TO GO!!

Almost half way there but only ten days to go.

It's going great. We are very excited to see the turn out and enthusiasm for the Scholarship fund. Capt Denny said we have people donating from around the world - Thank you!!!

We are also at 170 likes on the Facebook page - thank you!

If you missed it here's the link to last years video of Radial Velocity's day at the races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM-M8k9L9Uc

Dan
Old Aug 31, 2011, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

speaking of corporate matching, any business owner FTers following this?

$3175/$5000 before sept 10

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 3, 2011 at 12:37 pm
Old Aug 31, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
I'm in as well, what a great Scholarship ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.