Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Flyertalk Cares
Reload this Page >

Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund 10 year anniversary events in Denver CO 9-11-11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund 10 year anniversary events in Denver CO 9-11-11

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA PLT, HH Diamond

As many of you know Captain Denny and I are board members of the Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund. Captain Dahl was the pilot of United Flight 93 that was hijacked and crashed in Pennsylvania. In honor of Captain Dahl his friends set up this foundation. The Dahl Fund provides scholarships for students who are studying aviation with the goal of becoming a professional pilot. This year we are remembering the 10th Anniversary of the tragic events of September 11, 2001 by holding two of our largest fundraisers in the Denver area on the 11th and 12th of September.

Many of you will be coming to Denver for the StarMegaDo3, and others of you live in the area, so we want to give you all the opportunity to learn about the events that we will be having in rememberence of that day 10 years ago. On the evening of September 11th we will be having a gala event to celebrate Jason’s life and honor his memory. We are planning on having a very significant key-note speaker (Al Haynes, Captain United 232) who can testify and talk to what having highly qualified and highly trained folks in the front of the aircraft. This evening will consist of dinner and drinks as well as a silent auction with a variety of items related to travel, aviation and experiences. It should be a great time for anyone who attends the event.

On September 12, 2011 we will be holding our first annual golf tournament. This will be held at Pinehurst Country Club in Littleton CO. We have some sponsors already. (United MEC, ALPA, Jeppesen, Mercedes-Benz of Littleton, Microsoft, Mile High Harley Davidson, and New Belgium Brewery (providing free beer), and hopefully many more) The format will be a four man scramble. We will have a number of prizes to award during the event, including some for hitting a hole in one on each of the par 3 holes on the course, low score (men), low score (mixed), closest to the pin, longest drive, etc. These prizes (for the hole in ones) include a Harley, a cruise (donated by a forum member) some serious cash, and (hopefully) a Million Frequent Flyer Miles (airline program of your choice). If you like to play golf and want to support a great cause, this is the tournament for you. We are hoping to get a couple teams of Flyertalkers on the course for the event.

If you want to be part of the events, please send me a PM. If you or your company would like to sponsor a hole definitely PM me.

Denny and I hope that you can make this event and support our cause

Please feel free to visit our website to learn more about us. www.dahlfund.org
Old Sep 17, 2011, 2:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Please follow this topic in the merged single Captain Jason Dahl Scholarship Fund thread here: 2011 Capt. Jason Dahl Scholarship fund - contribute, you may win a T-6 "Texan" ride!

Thank you,

JDiver, Senior Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 19, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.