Best Hotel in Miami

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Hotel in Miami

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2006, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Best Hotel in Miami

Hello. My wife and I are going to Miami for the first time together this weekend. We are currently booked at the Mandarin Oriental, as we stay there in NYC when we go there. Is this the BEST place to stay or are there other options that work better, like any of the marriotts, since we're plat. with marriott? Thoughts? With the storms and stuff should I pay the extra to stay at a place with a private beach (like the MO) and not even get a chance to use it?

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
There is a JW Marriott within a mile or so of the MO - I've never stayed there, so cannot offer a review or opinion:

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MIAJW

The consensus seem to be that the MO and FS are at the top of the "downtown" Miami selections. There are other luxury choices in outlying areas (Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, Fisher Island, Aventura, etc.) if your meaning of "Miami" takes in the entire county.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
There is a JW Marriott within a mile or so of the MO - I've never stayed there, so cannot offer a review or opinion:

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/MIAJW

The consensus seem to be that the MO and FS are at the top of the "downtown" Miami selections. There are other luxury choices in outlying areas (Miami Beach, Key Biscayne, Fisher Island, Aventura, etc.) if your meaning of "Miami" takes in the entire county.
Thanks so much. We're going to stay at the MO still and just bit the bullet money wise. I'll write a review here after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.