Wiki Posts
Search

FREE "pay" phones at LIT---Lil' Rock

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat,AA Plat,UA 1Peon,SW(WN) Passing Grade
FREE "pay" phones at LIT---Lil' Rock

At Little Rock airport, the pay phones near gate 7 (United, Southwest area) have a sign saying "FREE local and toll calls" courtesy of the airport administration.

That's wonderful....don't know if it's just a holiday special....
[addendum: As a research exercise and to exercise-off the Whole-Hog-Grill-and-Cinna-bon meal....I walked the entire length of the terminal to discover all 7 old-style pay phones are free for local and toll calls, thanks to the airport admin!]

......but that's nice for the many cell-less travelers calling ahead to loved ones about flight delays.....or missed flights due to the chronically slow TSA lanes here (take a peek behind the supervisor's counter for their hour-by-hour passenger load graph, then see how many lanes they have open!).

Now that the airport is fully branded as the Bill-n-Hillary Clinton (even the PA system uses it).....maybe add a music venue named "Sax in your briefs" or a sports-n-cigar bar named "Monica's"......if Hillary runs in 2016, is the airport code HIL available, or HRC?

Last edited by peersteve; Dec 14, 2012 at 9:53 am
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by peersteve

......but that's nice for the many cell-less travelers calling ahead to loved ones about flight delays
How many of those are there?

Nice gesture by the airport, though.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta PM,UA 1P,
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
How many of those are there?

Nice gesture by the airport, though.
In Little Rock, probably a few
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by tonerman
In Little Rock, probably a few
"Come listen to a story about a man named Jed
A poor mountaineer, barely kept his family fed..."
Old Dec 15, 2012, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Global Entry
Fantastic! I hope it begins a trend.

I am a guy who sometimes travels with three cell phones. But there is one place I would like to see free pay phones. And that would be at the airport. After all, when you just arrive in a place, you wont yet have a local SIM. It is the most irritating thing when one arrives in a country to have to change money at the rip off rates at the airport just because you need to use the pay phone to call your friend or your hotel for a ride.

The only problem is that LIT is probably not the arrival point for most visitors to the USA. But still, I would like to see this practice spread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.