Wiki Posts
Search

Returning Alamo rental car to FLL — advice about driving directions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 3:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Returning Alamo rental car to FLL — advice about driving directions

My hotel is in Dania Beach on SW 19th Ct — Cambria. I need to return the car by 11:30am Wednesday and must top off the gas tank first. What is the easy and quick route to get back to FLL to return the car and top of the tank on the way: I-95? Route 1? Something else?

Thanks.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:59 am

Whenever possible, avoid I-95 in South Florida. Here's the route I'd take:

Link to Google Map (with exact directions): https://goo.gl/maps/vbZgNX96AyM2

Backtracking to Anglers Ave is helpful because of the right-hand turns. (I know I've driven past that area, but I can't recall if you can even turn left from SW 19th Ct.)

The Chevron station will be on your right side, too. That makes it easy to get into. You'll exit by turning right onto Griffin Rd.

You'll have plenty of time to get into the correct turning lane where Griffin Rd meets US-1. The signs for the airport are decent. The car rental return lane is on the left side once you make the wide curve into the terminal area.

Side Note: The Alamo folks at FLL are great. I don't own a car and I do a couple dozen rentals each year. I can walk to neighborhood locations for Enterprise, Hertz, Avis, and Sixt. But, I usually end up taking the bus to FLL and renting from Alamo because they have better prices and the staff really is superior.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Thanks. It was VERY easy. My hotel was on Stirling Rd so I took it eastbound to Rt 1 North to FLL. Easy signage too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.