Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges at FLL

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 8:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Lounges at FLL

Any lounges at FLL that would do a day pass? We have Priority Pass but it says no locations there.

Have a long layover between getting off cruise and flight. Flying Alaska Air out of Terminal 1.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 2:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Any lounges at FLL that would do a day pass? We have Priority Pass but it says no locations there.

Have a long layover between getting off cruise and flight. Flying Alaska Air out of Terminal 1.
IFAIK only DL has a small lounge in Terminal 2, which you won't be able to access. Terminal 1 is fairly small and I doubt any lounges. Possibly you can get a day pass at one of the airport hotels. At least you would be able to shower and change before your flight to SEA.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
FLL is a very sad airport to spend much time in. And terminal 1 is pretty pitiful. One side is all Southwest and is completely overwhelmed with passengers (especially on cruise ship disembark days). The other side has a sad little Chili's. There is a Skyclub in Terminal 2, but I do not know their day pass policies.

I had a 5 hour layover there and found very little to do. No decent restaurants. In Terminal 1 there wasn't even hardly anywhere to sit. I would have called a cab and gone somewhere off property for lunch if I had known how pitiful it was.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

We were all set until AS changed our flights. I've looked into hotel day passes and no such animal, only maybe the Rodeway Inn which sounds beyond abysmal.

Another option would be to rent a car and go somewhere for the day, but that has issues, too.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
There's a United Cub in Terminal 1 between gates C1 and C3. You could buy a day pass to hang out there.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Depending upon the time of day and how hungry you are after a cruise, the closest nicer restaurants would be a mile up the road at 17th street. There are a couple nice chain restaurants, some seafood places right off the harbor. I had dinner at Market 17 and found it pretty amazing if you're layover is in the evening. If I were into seafood, I would be at Southport Raw Bar, or 15th Street Fisheries, or the Boatyard. A few drinks, a nice lunch, suddenly it doesn't seem so bad. LOL Good luck.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:48 am
Original Poster

We've decided to rent a car for the day until our 6:35 pm flight. For some reason I thought they'd be cheaper off airport (17th St., etc.) but I found a great rate at the airport that even with the taxi to the airport still comes out less than the off-site places, and without the waiting for their shuttle after the cruise.

Now to plan a day, we've been to Ft. Lauderdale many times so will find new places for both rain or shine (it will be January).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.