Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Good deals at Fort Lauderdale hotels

Old Sep 24, 2016, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

This is my very first post on this forum .

I'm staying at Fort Lauderdale for one night on February 27th, 2017 and was wondering whether someone could recommend a nice airport hotel with free shutlle (7 adults and 2 kids) or a great website offering amazing deals or corporate codes at chain hotels?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:49 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by Romain Lescuyer
Hi,

This is my very first post on this forum .

I'm staying at Fort Lauderdale for one night on February 27th, 2017 and was wondering whether someone could recommend a nice airport hotel with free shutlle (7 adults and 2 kids) or a great website offering amazing deals or corporate codes at chain hotels?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Are you coming in for a cruise? You are in the middle of cruise season, so there aren't too many "deals" going on at that time.

As for hotels with shuttles, some have you pay for the shuttle, others tell you it's free, but the room rate is a little higher due to this amenity.

Most hotels along SE 17th street and A1A (northeast of the airport and Port Everglades) do not have their own shuttles. They contract the service out to local agencies, or you can take GO Shuttle from FLL for a fee.

Those along Marina Mile (State Road 84 NW of the airport) are chain economy hotels like Red Roof, Holiday Inn, Best Western, etc. and have airport/seaport shuttles to FLL and PE.

Then you have some South and Southwest of the airport along Federal Highway, Griffin Road, and Sterling Road in Dania Beach. These mostly have a shuttle that is operated by the same company, so they may loop through those hotels before going to/from the airport.

I would use google maps to see where they are located and use trivago to see the prices for your particular date.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for taking the time to answr my post.

To answer your question: we'll be staying for one night at FLL. The plan is to do some shopping at Sawgrass Mills and visit the city (how original). We'll then fly out to NOLA.

I know that it's hard to find good deals at this time of the year but I remember meeting a Canadian lady who would mention a website offering amazing hotel discounts.

Anyway, thanks for the pieces of advice.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 2:06 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
The Hyatt Pier 66 did a stay and cruise package last year. Included transfers but not sure if they still have it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.