Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel - Key West ??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

best hotel - Key West ??

I'd love to stay on Sunset Key but that's a little too pricy. What's the next best thing?

I'd like a nice beach and nice pool. Rooms with a view are a bonus. As cheap as possible but low 300's per night aren't out of the question.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 8:02 am

The Marriot by far is the best hotel in KW

My wife and I stayed here for three nights. This is by far the best hotel in Key West!

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/eywmc-key-west-marriott-beachside-hotel/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

The problem with the Marriott (for us) is that they don't have rooms with two beds and our 6' tall child is going with us. The two bedroom rooms are 700+ a night so that's not going to happen.

I have reservations at The Reach Waldorf Astoria and can also get a room at the Hyatt resort on the west side for about the same price $1000 total for the three nights.

Of those two, which is better?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA GLD for life, HH Gold, SPG gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Select, TSA pfd
The Hyatt is close in to all the top dining and entertainment spots. I don't think Hyatt has a beach and the Reach has a small beach. The beaches in KW are not the best, better to go out on a boat trip to enjoy the ocean.

If you stay at Reach it used to be you could use Casa Marina facilities which IMO is the best resort in KW.

I just stayed at Ocean Key House which is a block or 2 from the Hyatt. I liked the location to walk around but the pool is small and the room (a 1 bdrm suite) is so dated with a mix of furnishings/fixtures from various decades.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by cwmehring
My wife and I stayed here for three nights. This is by far the best hotel in Key West!

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...5-54ba596febe2

We are staying here in November. Any advice on rooms ?

We are using points and have a free 7 night cat 9 stay in a basic room. An upgrade to a waterfront Presidential suite would be another 210k points ( 480K total ) so I'm not sure if it's worth it especially in late November when the sun sets around 5:30.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
We are staying here in November. Any advice on rooms ?

We are using points and have a free 7 night cat 9 stay in a basic room. An upgrade to a waterfront Presidential suite would be another 210k points ( 480K total ) so I'm not sure if it's worth it especially in late November when the sun sets around 5:30.
1- the hotel is at the beginning of KW = far from the Duval St action and places of interest

2- if you get the basic room its a waste, the windows only open up to the inner walkways, a king suite, w/o any views whatsoever

3- the hotel was built as a time-share place/residences

4- probably the best/largest pool in KW but Id give that up to be near Duval st
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by craz
1- the hotel is at the beginning of KW = far from the Duval St action and places of interest

2- if you get the basic room its a waste, the windows only open up to the inner walkways, a king suite, w/o any views whatsoever

3- the hotel was built as a time-share place/residences

4- probably the best/largest pool in KW but Id give that up to be near Duval st

They have are free shuttle to/from Duval st and the airport that runs every hour and from what I read ( reviews) it really does run that often. They also mentioned a water taxi. Since we will be saving $500 ( with parking) by not having to get a rental car a cab ride or 4 wouldn't be a big deal if there was no shuttle back late at night.

I doubt we spend much time in the room as even though we have spent years ( total) in Florida we have never been to the keys.

Sunset is at 5:30 ish that time of year so paying for the suite seems like a waste. If it was April I would no doubt get the suite as there is about 3 more hours of light everyday. We have had this same type of room using IHG free night certs at the Holiday Inn Indian Rocks beach and since we are never in the room except to sleep it doesn't make much of a difference.

Since the week after Thanksgiving is normally a slow week I'm guessing we have a decent chance of an upgrade ( for at least part of the stay) as Gold or a reduced upgrade rate ( cash) offered when we arrive.

Thanks for the reply

Last edited by flyer4512; Apr 25, 2017 at 12:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.