Community
Wiki Posts
Search

key west uber/taxi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2016, 9:22 am
Original Poster

key west uber/taxi

We go to KW annually, but usually stay Front/Duval area and walk every where. This year staying opposite side. So is uberx actually working/reliable, and if not which taxi service would you recommend? Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by frankhi
We go to KW annually, but usually stay Front/Duval area and walk every where. This year staying opposite side. So is uberx actually working/reliable, and if not which taxi service would you recommend? Thanks
I visited EYW last month, and was dismayed to find out that neither Uber nor Lift has any coverage there, so I had to pay for cabs. The drivers we had were friendly, but all usual taxi caveats apply, including high prices and etc.

-LPDAL
Old May 4, 2016, 2:31 am

Programs: Still working on being loyal
Originally Posted by frankhi
Not sure as of now, but I was there in November for the boat races, there was no Uber, had to take yellow cabs.
Old May 8, 2016, 1:16 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by LPDAL
I visited EYW last month, and was dismayed to find out that neither Uber nor Lift has any coverage there, so I had to pay for cabs. The drivers we had were friendly, but all usual taxi caveats apply, including high prices and etc.

-LPDAL
I had the exact same experience back in January, I was really disappointed too. You'd think Uber would have caught on.

Pedicabs are another option on Duval Street, it's kind of a fun way to see the city too.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:57 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Pink Cabs

Originally Posted by l3arefoot
Not sure as of now, but I was there in November for the boat races, there was no Uber, had to take yellow cabs.
A pink cab you mean? I think 90 % of the medallion cabs I have ever taken in EYW were pink, not yellow.

As for Uber, there apparently is a local ordinance prohibiting Uber.

http://www.tampataxishots.net/2015/0...ce-arrest.html
Old Jun 20, 2016, 7:00 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
This is the latest I could find from the local press in EYW. The local ordinance against Uber will be in place until Tallahassee orders otherwise.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: Still working on being loyal
Originally Posted by ksu
A pink cab you mean? I think 90 % of the medallion cabs I have ever taken in EYW were pink, not yellow.

As for Uber, there apparently is a local ordinance prohibiting Uber.

http://www.tampataxishots.net/2015/0...ce-arrest.html
Pink yeah :-p

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.