Wiki Posts
Search

How-tos for Miami Marlin's home game?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2016, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
How-tos for Miami Marlin's home game?

My 16-year-old grandson wants me to take him to a Miami Marlin's home game in August. I know so little about the whole process.

Is there a better way to buy tickets, or is it best to do it on-line ahead of time through the Marlin's website and pick the tickets up game night?

I think we will be staying at a MIA airport hotel with shuttle to the airport, so that will be our starting and ending point. I see various public transport options. I'm guessing a combo of rail and shuttle would get us back and forth successfully.

Any other suggestions would be also be gratefully received.

Romelle
Old Apr 11, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: DL
I was actually just looking into the same thing - although we hope to go to a game next week. Seems like lots of tickets available through the Marlins site as well as various ticket brokers - some of which offer instant download.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hertz President Circle, Copaair Presidential, and Southwest A-List
How would one get from MIA airport to Marlins Park on public transportation?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by hoangb
Miami Metrorail.

-LPDAL
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Thank you LPDAL.

I map and study, but always nice to have confirmed.

Romelle
Old Apr 15, 2016, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Romelle
Thank you LPDAL.

I map and study, but always nice to have confirmed.

Romelle
See:
http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/marlins-shuttle.asp
Old Apr 15, 2016, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by LOCommish
I was actually just looking into the same thing - although we hope to go to a game next week. Seems like lots of tickets available through the Marlins site as well as various ticket brokers - some of which offer instant download.
Both sites are fine for tickets. Stub Hub or the Marlins. Depending on the game, there should be a ton of tickets, unless they are playing a team from the Northeast. Those tickets are scarce.

Stub Hub will likely get you a better deal.

If it is just adults, I would recommend paying the $10 cover to the Clevelander bar in the outfield and pre and post game there just for the experience.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 4:57 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by hoangb
There are also other means like Metrobus. Depending on your hotel's location, you can do a search for bus routes from your hotel to the stadium as well.

Use the same link Jerry A Laska submitted above and you will see a route planner on the left side of the webpage.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 7:46 am
Original Poster

I purely love this web site. Thank you again!

I'll "pay forward".

Romelle
Old Apr 18, 2016, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Both sites are fine for tickets. Stub Hub or the Marlins. Depending on the game, there should be a ton of tickets, unless they are playing a team from the Northeast. Those tickets are scarce.

Stub Hub will likely get you a better deal.

If it is just adults, I would recommend paying the $10 cover to the Clevelander bar in the outfield and pre and post game there just for the experience.
Thanks! I think we will.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 3:27 am

If you're flying into MIA, you can walk directly to an automated people mover to the Miami Central Station (Location code: MIS) which is serviced by MetroRail.

-LPDAL
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA & jetBlue
While you can take Metrorail I suggest you don't an Uber ride will be pretty cheap, especially if its a night game the Metrorail station for the Marlins game is not in the best of areas at night. During the day no issues at all. But an Uber will be much much easier and not expensive.

Marlins tickets are very cheap for 90% of the games. Unless its an Interleague game from the Northeast chances are tickets will be very cheap the day of the game. Just check out stubhub for the cheapest tickets IMO.

Its a great stadium. If you really want to check out the game and stadium just get any seat and you can walk around while watching the game. Also, if you want to say sit behind homeplate feel free to get a seat in a high row and just move on down during the game, the games are rarely packed.

The Clevelander is an interesting idea too for a very different ball game experience, I did it once and it was a lot of fun.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:26 pm

Ball park was almost empty. Went to Clevelander as it seemed to be the most unique part of the park. Bobble head exhibit was cool, too. We stayed in a hotel in the medical area. Wound up walking to the game and rode the free trolley "home." Very easy.
Old May 1, 2016, 10:16 pm

I know the OP's vacation is over, but for anyone reading this, I would NOT reccomend buying tickets from StubHub -- the site is full of counterfeits. More than one of my friends has bought tickets only to get to the venue and be denied (or even worse, detained) for having photocopies of real scrips.

-LPDAL
Old May 3, 2016, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by LPDAL
I know the OP's vacation is over, but for anyone reading this, I would NOT reccomend buying tickets from StubHub -- the site is full of counterfeits. More than one of my friends has bought tickets only to get to the venue and be denied (or even worse, detained) for having photocopies of real scrips.

-LPDAL
If I can't buy directly, I usually use TickPick over Stubhub. Have never had a problem with tix from them AND they don't add on to the price at the end. Whatever fees, etc, they charge are in the price you see from the very beginning (except reasonable shipping/mailing).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.