Reload this Page >

FT Views on best MIA Hotel

Old Jan 12, 2016, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have searched on this topic but everything is at least a couple of years old or specific to certain hotel chains.

I need a recommendation for a MIA hotel. We will be arriving late- round 10pm from DUB via LHR and IAD- and will be departing early- before 9am- then next day. We will be collecting a car when we arrive in the evening.

I have no allegiance in terms of a hotel loyalty programmes, I just want somewhere in the 4*-5* bracket and that is not tired and old. Not being based in the US a lot of the brands round MIA are alien to me (Element, Hyatt Place, aLoft, Hyatt House etc). I would normally plumb for somewhere like the IC, Hilton or Sheraton but the later two look rather old and dated.

Peoples thoughts and recommendations will be gratefully received.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Hi PoincianaKings,

Originally Posted by PoincianaKings
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help? I have searched on this topic but everything is at least a couple of years old or specific to certain hotel chains.

I need a recommendation for a MIA hotel. We will be arriving late- round 10pm from DUB via LHR and IAD- and will be departing early- before 9am- then next day. We will be collecting a car when we arrive in the evening.

I have no allegiance in terms of a hotel loyalty programmes, I just want somewhere in the 4*-5* bracket and that is not tired and old. Not being based in the US a lot of the brands round MIA are alien to me (Element, Hyatt Place, aLoft, Hyatt House etc). I would normally plumb for somewhere like the IC, Hilton or Sheraton but the later two look rather old and dated.

Peoples thoughts and recommendations will be gratefully received.
First, let me start off by saying, or asking, rather, what you intend for "best" to be in this context, as that is a subjective term. Best food? Best pool? Best nightlife or attractions nearby? Best rooms?

Where do you want to stay, exactly? Downtown? By the beach?

Hyatt House is an extended stay hotel, which doesn't really sound like it meets your needs.

Aloft is SPG's "Hip Young Brand" to break away from their serious, businessmen - oriented Sheraton and etc. brands. I stayed in the one in Brooklyn, and it was great. Clean rooms, great service, and a low price to round it out.

Also, define "dated" in regards to Hilton, Sheraton, and IC. [Remember, South Florida is a gigantic metro area, so we have many different Hiltons, Sheratons, and ICs.] To my knowledge, there have been a few Marriott properties built recently (2014), but not much else.

-LPDAL
Old Jan 14, 2016, 2:04 am

I would suggest the Miami Airport Hilton.

It has a nice location on Blue Lagoon, complete with a pool and a jogging path.

It also offers a complimentary shuttle from/to the Airport, so you wouldn't even have to pick up a rental car.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, AA
Choosing between hilton and starwood hotels for upcoming stay

Hey this seems like a good thread to get advice about hotel on in Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood area.

I have an upcoming stay on points and here are the 5 options I'm choosing between:

1. Royal Palm, Tribute Portfolio South Beach Miami--16k Starpoints/nt, $30 Resort Fee, $42 valet parking (~3.05cents/point redemption)

2. Hilton Bentley South Beach--80k Hilton points/nt, no resort fee on award stays, $40 valet parking (~0.7 cents/point redemption)

3. Diplomat Hollywood Hotel, Hilton Curio--70k Hilton points/nt, no resort fee, self parking $25 (~0.65 cents/point redemption)

4. W Fort Lauderdale Beach--16k Starpoints/nt, $0 resort fee, $36 valet parking (~4cents/point redemption)

5. Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach--10k Starpoints/nt, $30 resort fee, $36 valet parking (~3.5cents/point redemption)

Here are some things I care about:

A. Beach view from room/easy walk to beach/oceanfront property
B. Good Food nearby
C. We'll have a rental car driving from FLL--least expensive parking/no tolls.
D. Good 4+ star hotel experience
E. Awesome Hotel Pool
F. Fun atmosphere

Well, what do you think I should choose?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.