Wiki Posts
Search

Miami airport question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2015, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GOLD
Miami airport question

Hope this is the correct forum for this question - apologies if it is not.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use luggage carts from the Miami Car Rental Centre to MIA?

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to Florida Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Sep 29, 2015, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by obscure2k
Moving thread to Florida Forum
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Thank you Obscure2k.
Old Sep 29, 2015, 9:58 pm
NPF

Programs: AA / AV
Yes, no problems with doing this.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:33 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by stanleycamel
Hope this is the correct forum for this question - apologies if it is not.

Does anyone know if it is possible to use luggage carts from the Miami Car Rental Centre to MIA?

Thanks for your help.
They cost around $5.00 or so and the franchisee, SmartCart has a flatbed truck they load every hour to move carts back to the RCC as this occurs more often than you think. Also, the MIA Mover is designed with this in mind.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:36 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice everyone - managed to get to MIA on the Mover with my four large bags - just for once I didn't mind the $5 charge.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by teddybear99
They cost around $5.00 or so and the franchisee, SmartCart has a flatbed truck they load every hour to move carts back to the RCC as this occurs more often than you think. Also, the MIA Mover is designed with this in mind.
This reminds me of the time my dad brought me to FLL one afternoon when I was little to gather up all the SmarteCartes from around the terminals and curbs for the 25˘ reward dispensed by the machine each time you brought one back. We both left with pockets full of quarters.

Seriously, people leave them all over the place like they leave grocery carts scattered all over parking lots serving shopping centers.

I wonder if the machines still give quarters for bringing the carts back?

-LPDAL
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by LPDAL
This reminds me of the time my dad brought me to FLL one afternoon when I was little to gather up all the SmarteCartes from around the terminals and curbs for the 25˘ reward dispensed by the machine each time you brought one back. We both left with pockets full of quarters.

Seriously, people leave them all over the place like they leave grocery carts scattered all over parking lots serving shopping centers.

I wonder if the machines still give quarters for bringing the carts back?

-LPDAL
LOL...

I remember running around collecting the carts when I was a kid and being really excited about the "big" payoff. Of course a quarter was worth more then.

I also remember getting dirty looks from the "official" cart gatherer when I'd zip to get one before he could get there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.