Wiki Posts
Search

Best Way From Deerfield Beach To Orlando

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS
Talking Best Way From Deerfield Beach To Orlando

Hi! I'm new in this forum and I'm pretty sure you guys can help me, I'm looking for the cheapeast and probably easiest way to go from Deerfield Beach to Orlando.
I was thinking in subway, trains? Bus? I don't know which one is the choosen one to travel there, it would be my first time in the States!
Also, I'm looking for cheap Airlines! LAN here is the best but also the most expensive one

Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:14 pm

What is your final destination in Orlando? If you mean the actual City of Orlando, one of the most direct ways would be to take Amtrak (train). There is a station in Deerfield Beach. The Orlando station is right near Downtown.

If you are going to Universal or Disney World, the train probably won't work. Neither the Orlando nor the nearby Kissimmee train stations are well located in terms of the attractions.

We love our cars here in the United States. Usually, the easiest way to get between two points like South Florida and Orlando would be by car. I did a quick rental car search and didn't see any major rental car locations in Deerfield Beach. So, to rent a car, you'd have to go a little south to Fort Lauderdale or a little north to Boca Raton.

The only other option I know of is an upscale bus line called Red Coach USA.

http://www.redcoachusa.com/

You would have to get to Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) or Pompano Beach to get that bus. They run several times each day. Some buses are "Business Class" with 38 seats per bus. Other ones are "First Class" with 27 seats per bus.

The bus takes you to their hub, which is located near Orlando International Airport (MCO). They also offer transportation (via smaller buses or vans) from the hub to any of the Orlando area hotels. That includes Disney and Universal.

Fares are usually $70-100 (one-way, per person) to get from FLL to an Orlando area hotel. That is definitively more than renting a car. But, if you're hesitant to drive in a foreign country, it's an option.

Note: I've never ridden a Red Coach bus. I did make a reservation once on a refundable ticket. The trip got cancelled and I had no problem getting a refund. Refunds can be done online, so you won't need to make an international phone call.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LANPASS
Thank you so much! I'm looking for a hotel downtown, and from there take another type of transport to Universal and Disney.
I will look into the prices of the train, sadly I dont think I qualify for a rental car, I'm 19 and my license is only 2 years old (I think they request for it to be at least 5 years old)
and again, Thank you!
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:18 am

Unless you have a reason for being in Downtown Orlando, I wouldn't recommend it if you are going to Disney and/or Universal. While there's nothing wrong with Downtown, it's really out of the way in terms of the attractions. Plus, the main road (Interstate 4) is undergoing a massive construction project.

There are also not a lot of hotel options in the Downtown area. You will have many, many more choices if you base yourself closer to Universal and Disney. Lots of hotels also include scheduled transportation from the hotel to Disney and/or Universal. So, you don't necessarily need to rent a car if you are mainly hitting the theme parks.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
If he is 19, the nightlife downtown Orlando is a plus.
Old Aug 4, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
What is your final destination in Orlando? If you mean the actual City of Orlando, one of the most direct ways would be to take Amtrak (train). There is a station in Deerfield Beach. The Orlando station is right near Downtown.

If you are going to Universal or Disney World, the train probably won't work. Neither the Orlando nor the nearby Kissimmee train stations are well located in terms of the attractions.

We love our cars here in the United States. Usually, the easiest way to get between two points like South Florida and Orlando would be by car. I did a quick rental car search and didn't see any major rental car locations in Deerfield Beach. So, to rent a car, you'd have to go a little south to Fort Lauderdale or a little north to Boca Raton.

The only other option I know of is an upscale bus line called Red Coach USA.

http://www.redcoachusa.com/

You would have to get to Fort Lauderdale International Airport (FLL) or Pompano Beach to get that bus. They run several times each day. Some buses are "Business Class" with 38 seats per bus. Other ones are "First Class" with 27 seats per bus.

The bus takes you to their hub, which is located near Orlando International Airport (MCO). They also offer transportation (via smaller buses or vans) from the hub to any of the Orlando area hotels. That includes Disney and Universal.

Fares are usually $70-100 (one-way, per person) to get from FLL to an Orlando area hotel. That is definitively more than renting a car. But, if you're hesitant to drive in a foreign country, it's an option.

Note: I've never ridden a Red Coach bus. I did make a reservation once on a refundable ticket. The trip got cancelled and I had no problem getting a refund. Refunds can be done online, so you won't need to make an international phone call.
In Miami, Red Coach uses Supershuttle to transport their clients from local hotels to their terminal in MIA and FLL, I would check with them for the cost of the added service so you don't have to worry about how to get to their terminals. I would expect they probably have the same setup in Orlando with some company.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by teddybear99
In Miami, Red Coach uses Supershuttle to transport their clients from local hotels to their terminal in MIA and FLL, I would check with them for the cost of the added service so you don't have to worry about how to get to their terminals. I would expect they probably have the same setup in Orlando with some company.
Yes, they do provide the option of purchasing the shuttle tickets via their website for Miami, Jacksonville, and Orlando. For example: Shuttle from a South Beach hotel to MIA, Red Coach Bus from MIA to Orlando Terminal, Shuttle from Orlando Terminal to virtually any hotel in Orlando.

Unfortunately, they do not have shuttle partners for Fort Lauderdale area hotels. At least they don't list any on their website.

I actually just purchased a round trip on Red Coach from Fort Lauderdale to a Disney-area hotel for a trip in about two weeks. It's a solo trip and the cost for the bus was about $20 more than the cost of gas plus the $85 the hotel charges for parking (5 nights). Hopefully, the bus portion of the trip will be easy and uneventful.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by GatiMorita
Hi! I'm new in this forum and I'm pretty sure you guys can help me, I'm looking for the cheapeast and probably easiest way to go from Deerfield Beach to Orlando.
I was thinking in subway, trains? Bus? I don't know which one is the choosen one to travel there, it would be my first time in the States!
Also, I'm looking for cheap Airlines! LAN here is the best but also the most expensive one

Thank you in advance!
It won't be cheap, but 3M, NK, and AA all provide South Florida to Orlando air service.

I wouldn't recommend driving. Our states' drivers are some of the worst in the nation.

-LPDAL
Old Aug 13, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Try out the Amtrak train, it originates right out of Miami and stops at Deerfield Beach and goes to Orlando, which as others have noted is close to downtown Orlando. The coach seats on the train are comparable in size to first class on a domestic airline. Checking the fares a month out they're only getting $31 one way for the 4 hour train ride.

It's a lousy drive up the Florida Turnpike with no exits for close to 100 miles in the middle of the drive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.