Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

Florida Keys to Orlando and back?

Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

We made a huge error and booked our vacation to the Florida Keys with plans to go to Orlando-Disney World.
Plane paid for to get to Florida Keys, Disney hotel and tickets purchased.

We did not take into consideration the trip to Disney (and back) from the Florida Keys.

We are looking at the easiest least expensive travel option to remedy our dilemma. We are both older so the drive itself worries us.

Help!
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:51 pm

Programs: Hilton, AA,, Delta
You don't give dates so flight prices can be very variable. The drive from Key West to Disney would be long. Maybe look at flying. Try www.silverairways.com

America, Delta, and US Airways also fly out of Key West.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Going early July, I do not remember the exact dates.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 2:48 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stars4SA
We made a huge error and booked our vacation to the Florida Keys with plans to go to Orlando-Disney World.

We did not take into consideration the trip to Disney (and back) from the Florida Keys.

We are looking at the easiest least expensive travel option to remedy our dilemma. We are both older so the drive itself worries us.

Help!
I'm also confused.If you're " older " why are you going to Disney ?
The options are fly or drive.I like the drive especially if you have the time and can incorporate somewhere like the Everglades or a beach into the journey.
But it's a day each way.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Honestly? Want to conquer my fear of rides.
Thank you. What better place to overcome?
Old Nov 30, 2014, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Honestly? Want to conquer my fear of rides.
Thank you. What better place to overcome?
Bravo !
If you do conquer your fear of rides DO take in Universal as well if you've made the effort of going to Orlando.It's well worth the extra day.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 3:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting

Help!
British Airways award ticket for American Air flights (probably via Miami) from EYW airport to MCO airport would be what I would consider.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 3:33 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
If you are worried about the drive, you might look at taking a bus. I don't know if there are bus routes to take you directly between the Keys and Orlando, but you should be able to get from the Keys to Miami and then on to Orlando. One option might be The Florida Express Bus. From their website it looks like they have buses to/from Miami from both the Keys and Orlando. So you might be able to get the whole trip with one bus company.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
If you are worried about the drive, you might look at taking a bus. I don't know if there are bus routes to take you directly between the Keys and Orlando, but you should be able to get from the Keys to Miami and then on to Orlando. One option might be The Florida Express Bus. From their website it looks like they have buses to/from Miami from both the Keys and Orlando. So you might be able to get the whole trip with one bus company.
Thank you, thank you all.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 6:13 pm

This may or may not work for your situation but I've flown Spirit from MCO to FLL and then driven down to the keys for two days in the middle of a Orlando family vacation. If you're willing to fly mid week or Saturday you can often get flights for under $20 each way on Spirit if you buy them at the airport. I don't particularly enjoy flying Spirit but I do enjoy it more than driving for 4-5 hours.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pieperjm88
This may or may not work for your situation but I've flown Spirit from MCO to FLL and then driven down to the keys for two days in the middle of a Orlando family vacation. If you're willing to fly mid week or Saturday you can often get flights for under $20 each way on Spirit if you buy them at the airport. I don't particularly enjoy flying Spirit but I do enjoy it more than driving for 4-5 hours.

Thank you thank you thank you! Flight booked!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.