Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

FLL check-in time?

FLL check-in time?

Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire, Cunard Diamond
FLL check-in time?

I have a vague recollection of not being able to check in until maybe 2 hours before a flight out of fLL a couple years ago. Does this still apply? Only on cruise dates? I'm ending a cruise in FLL and have a 1:15 flight so I don't really want to hang out in the lobby with my luggage. I'm flying Delta FC if that matters. Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2014, 1:43 am

Here's what the official FLL airport website says under the Flight Information section of Frequently Asked Questions:

"How early can I check my luggage?

The answer varies by airline so contact your airline for their policy. Typically you can check your luggage anywhere from two to four hours prior to your flight."

FLL is my home airport. I know that TSA lists processing times at some of the checkpoints. In theory, they say don't want you to go through the checkpoint until your listed time. In practice, I've never seen that enforced.

I think the bigger issue is when your airline will accept luggage. Perhaps call/contact the airline and see what they say?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.