Wiki Posts
Search

Do I need to get Sunpass driving from FLL to Miami Beach

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Do I need to get Sunpass driving from FLL to Miami Beach

Decided to rent a car from FLL to South Beach. Do I need to get Sunpass? Any tolls on the way I can pay cash? Renting from Avis or Sixt. Haven't decided yet.

Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:42 pm

A Sunpass would not be required. You have a number of routes to take without any tolls. The basic route to South Beach would be I-95 to I-395.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by cdoobiest
Decided to rent a car from FLL to South Beach. Do I need to get Sunpass? Any tolls on the way I can pay cash? Renting from Avis or Sixt. Haven't decided yet.

Thanks
No more paying cash tolls. I did,however,get stuck in the carpool lane with just me in the car. Never did get a ticket
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage 2 million, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by United_727
No more paying cash tolls. I did,however,get stuck in the carpool lane with just me in the car. Never did get a ticket
Tourists do have a level of diplomatic immunity
Old Jan 13, 2015, 12:55 pm

I just rent a car from Avis and it does not have the sunpass device on the windshield. The guy at the counter told me that now all their license plates are registered so it will just use that instead. I guess I will find out in a week or so if it works...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:08 pm

If you don't have a sunpass don't take any toll roads. They(Florida) will chage you by the plate on the PLUS admin fee Plus the toll. Its a big rip off. Stay on I-95 or US1 they are free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.