FLL to MIA

Old Feb 24, 2014, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, LY Matmid
FLL to MIA

I looked at the other posts and there does not seem to be a shared ride or shuttle service from FLL to MIA.

Does anyone know of one? The GO Shuttle site says that this service is not available
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Depending on the amount of luggage/people you have, you could use the light rail system known as Tri-Rail.
Info on the airport connections is here. You do have to take a short bus ride to the train stop at each one though.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Depending on the amount of luggage/people you have, you could use the light rail system known as Tri-Rail.
Info on the airport connections is here. You do have to take a short bus ride to the train stop at each one though.

Thank you for the link. As I will only have a carryon, this seems like a perfect solution.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by badatz
Thank you for the link. As I will only have a carryon, this seems like a perfect solution.
It's very easy. I did it for a cruise out of Port Everglades last November - with checked luggage.

It can be subject to delays so not the best option if in a time crunch (on my return the train was delayed a good 30 minutes and was operating on the other set of tracks - which they didn't announce properly) but definitely easy to use if you are laid back on time.

$5 each way paid for at a kiosk at the station using a credit card.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 11:05 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by badatz
I looked at the other posts and there does not seem to be a shared ride or shuttle service from FLL to MIA.

Does anyone know of one? The GO Shuttle site says that this service is not available
you could take the GO shuttle to Miami Beach, (corner of 41st street and Alton rd) then pick up the airport flyer bus at the corner, which runs approximately every half hour (check Google maps for schedule)... costs about $21 for the shuttle and $2.65 for bus... bus is #150 and is express from there to airport... also there are a bunch of kosher restaurants, a kosher market, and a synagogue nearby if that would be of use to you (just a guess since you're LY matmid)
Old Feb 24, 2014, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HatAndJacket
you could take the GO shuttle to Miami Beach, (corner of 41st street and Alton rd) then pick up the airport flyer bus at the corner, which runs approximately every half hour (check Google maps for schedule)... costs about $21 for the shuttle and $2.65 for bus... bus is #150 and is express from there to airport... also there are a bunch of kosher restaurants, a kosher market, and a synagogue nearby if that would be of use to you (just a guess since you're LY matmid)

^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.