Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > South
Reload this Page >

What to do near Riviera Beach

Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Have Marriott points to burn so booked in "Marriott Oceana Palms" resort in Riviera Beach. Traveling with Spouse, 10yr girl and 4 yr boy on Christmas day for 4 nights.

Any suggestions on what can be done around would be appreciated. I and my wife like action like speed boating, hot air balloon and so on but we are also looking for good kids activities around the area.

Next step from there is Orlando for 3 nights and booked Springhill by Sea World.
No plans to visit Sea World unless nothing else to do. Appreciate any pointers here too .. what fun things can we do in Orlando during 3 day vacation without visiting theme parks?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:55 am

You an take a taxi from Sailfish Marina (on Singer Island - good place for lunch) to Peanut Island. Kids enjoy the walk around the Island.

For Orlando, if you have never been to Crique de Soliel (Downtown Disney), that would be a REAL treat for you and the kids!
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
At Sailfish, you can feed the fish. Big Jacks are always there and pretty impressive. They have a sunset celebration on Thrusday nights, but not sure about the 26th.
Peanut Island has some decent snorkling as does the area iunder the Blue Heron Bridge.
Kayaking at John D McAurthur Park is fun.
With the warm weather, the kids can do the fountains at Clematis Street in West Palm Beach. (World of Beer is right there, so the adults can enjoy a beverage). Lots of good restaurants nearby.

Last edited by pbiflyer; Dec 23, 2013 at 9:14 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.