Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Come on Vacation, Leave on Probation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
I want to live in a world where George Zimmerman offered Trayvon Martin a ride home to get him out of the rain that night. - Greg Brewer
That would be a pleasant world as you would eliminate quite a few categories:
Child molester/kidnappers
Race generalization/profiling
Use deadly weapon first and ask questions later
Competent police force
Cohesion in trail

WAIT - We are talking about FL - that isn't possible but nice dream. Back to topic - not sure what OP is getting at as FL as a state represents the US as much as NYC - diversity in the southern half, wealth in pockets, dead disgusting poverty in remainder and low education, drastically difference in top tier living conditions vs. lower end, bible belt and divided political voting districts based on factors not always logical.

MIA airport while a new facility sucks for navigation.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 4:53 pm

come on probation leave on probation

come on probation leave on probation belongs to colorado
Old Oct 3, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
I'll be the first to admit that South Florida isn't for everybody, and isn't the "Paradise" you see in real estate ads. Over-development, unemployment, crowding, and high government corruption plague the area, which is no different from any of the problems you'll face in any other large metro. In addition, life in South Florida is very "fast - paced" -- there is a very, very significant population of New Yorkers that live down here and they brought along all the negative qualities of that lifestyle.

Funnily, a lot of people who move here have only rationale for doing so: the weather. Seriously? Yes, seriously. Then they get down here and discover Florida is not the beach paradise island [peninsula] they expected it to be, and the only advantage IS the weather. Otherwise, they're dealing with all the issues they were dealing with up north.

Broward County and Miami Dade have the highest overall insurance fraud, money laundering, racketeering, and identity theft rates in the country. We're also right up there with government corruption as well.

I, personally, cannot wait to move out of Fort Lauderdale after 15 years of living here. I do not like one bit of it.

-LPDAL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.